Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
mdavisto
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:33 am

x

Using Envelope Controller in Patcher to translate or limit button ranges

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've read the manual and googled but I can't find an explanation.

Here's what I want to do. I want to put a button on a Surface in Patcher, and instead of outputting 0%-100% (off/on), have it instead output 50%-100%. Patcher doesn't yet support user-defined values in the button itself (which I think would be an elegant solution), so you must instead put an XY controller between the button and the target, and do the range control there.

But, in my case, I have a large number of buttons - 14, to be precise. This means an extra 14 instances of XY controller.

I found a thread where someone asked this question a few years back, and one of the responses was that this could be done with Envelope Controller. That responder said that the advantage of using Envelope Controller instead of XY is that EnvCon has 8 envelopes - but they didn't explain how to actually implement this. I am very interested in how to do it because I could get my job done with 2 instances of Envelope Controller instead of 14 instances of XY Controller.

Please, could anyone explain how to use the 8 envelopes in Envelope Controller to truncate ranges in Patcher? I worked out how to do it with X Modulation, but there is only global input for that, instead of 8 inputs, which means that that won't work for my application - I need each Envelope Controller to be used to its full 8-envelope potential.

Some guidance, please.

Background (Why I'm Doing This)
I often work with vox that have headphone feedback and/or ringing frequencies. I have built a hyoooooj Patcher patch that lets you set target frequencies to watch, and when they start peaking, they get automatically crushed - but only when they peak. It works very well, but, there have been projects where I've needed to run several instances of this Patcher preset. So I am currently trying to optimise it, partly to make it easier to use, and partly to reduce the resources it eats.

levendis
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:09 am

x

Re: Using Envelope Controller in Patcher to translate or limit button ranges

mdavisto wrote:I want to put a button on a Surf...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”