FL STUDIO 21: Your ideas, wishlist, suggestions, etc.

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kgarboski
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:54 pm

x

Re: FL STUDIO 21: Your ideas, wishlist, suggestions, etc.

None of these ideas are new so these are just a +1 vote, but there's a few main things that bother me and cause me to DAW hop a lot, even though I keep coming back to FL. I got ADHD pretty bad, so general workflow is a big thing as I find tedious things and annoyances cause me to break my flow state, which is very crucial to my particular style of composition and production: getting things down as fast as possible in an improvised manner as my brain comes up with 100 different random ideas that go as fast as they come.

- Window Management / Organization -- This is one of my biggest annoyances. I actually do like how you have the ability to set up your workspace in your own way and don't have a problem with the functionality of anything within each window/section, but do wish there was the option to make everything tuck away automatically while other windows resize around it, much like the browser. I don't remember the name but I'm sure you know what I mean, where the windows act cohesively and kind of "get out of the way" as you toggle them.

Also, I would like to see more of a noticeable indicator showing which window is in focus as you tab between them. It would be cool to have an easier way detach windows with an indicator showing the window is in a detached state (somewhere on the top bar or something idk), rather than having to use the menu.

Lastly (but not leastly), I think the channel rack needs an overhaul some time. It made sense during the FL Studio days, but now it's this extra floaty window that either awkwardly floats over the playlist or awkwardly sits besides it. There's many possible solutions and I can't pretend to know the most logical or feasible one, but I've seen some posts here that propose some interesting ways of going about it. I know the code is getting worked on and all that stuff so this is all down the line, but I think user experience and having a quick and intuitive that gets out of your way is big.

- File Management / Audio -- To preface, I'm aware of being able to change your project folder or use zipped project files. I think there should be some functionality/options to automatically get all the recorded files and everything into a project folder based on the filename; that does everything in the background so the user doesn't have to worry about it. User's could be able to disable this functionality, but I think having the file organization and having everything more self-contained is a good thing.

The current system works great for someone who is a focused individual that plans out everything and has the cognitive ability to sit down and work on the same song for a long period of time; but if you're a crazy person like me who goes into the DAW with zero idea of what they're going to write and no idea what genre, improvises stuff on the spot, starts writing a trance song that turns into a death metal song 5 minutes later, and comes up with like 10 different song files in a few hours that are to be refined later on; I gotta tell ya, things can get a little bit messy. It's usually: have an idea, open up DAW (new file), get idea down ASAP, work on it until bored, new file, get idea down, rinse and repeat until there's a an assortment of song ideas that can be arranged and worked on later.

beatmagik
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:52 pm

x

Hey, IL Team! Please, please add some type of Z...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omegeist
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:18 pm

x

Probably going to get: "Just use P-EQ2" but I s...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trancit
Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 pm

x

PhreaSpirit wrote: ↑Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:30 pm I ...
Last edited by Trancit on Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:56 pm

x

Thai99 wrote: ↑Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:53 pm How dif...

fde101
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:49 pm

x

NextDAW wrote: ↑Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:46 pm I've n...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”