Suggestion: Abort loading project on plug-in crash

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jim Crane
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 am

1 x

Suggestion: Abort loading project on plug-in crash

When working on projects in FL Studio 12, I use my Virus TI2 a lot. Its plug-in has to boot with almost every project I do.
Every now and then the plug-in of the Virus crashes on loading a project. It happens more often than I would've liked it to happen unfortunately, but I think the code of Virus Control and FL's engine were not really made for each other. Fortunately, most of the times I reboot the project the plug-in loads fine.

For the times the Virus Control plug-in crashes, or any plug-in for that matter, I think it would benefit users to abort loading a project when the error message appears.
There would be a button next to "OK" that says "Abort loading project" and would redirect to an empty project.
Especially with large projects that take some time to completely load, it's really handy to just prevent the project from loading. I don't think having to force kill FL Studio should be the solution to that problem.

I didn't see this feature mentioned in the sticky post of this board, so I thought I'd do a thread on it.
Let me know what you guys think or what would be a better solution instead of force killing the project :)

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”