Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
haxxley
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:34 am

x

Record to specific tracks, deleting from playlist, deleting insert effects

Dear IL community,

After I played around a couple of days with the demo version, I really liked the workflow of FL Studio and decided to
buy the FL Studio 20 Producer edition.
What I didn't tried in the trial period (because at home I only have one recording input) was multitrack recording.
I just assumed that will work like in any other DAW out there.

I come from a traditional "analog" band multitrack recording and are used to assign inputs to specific tracks.
After a quick google search I assume there is currently no way of record to specific tracks in the playlist?
Thats horrible for me, that FL Studio just places new recordings on the next free track so I have to arrange
all new parts manually to my playlist tracks.

We do multitrack record (6 tracks for drums, 2 for guitar, 1 for bass) so if I pause the record and want to make
another take it's getting messy quite fast as you can imagine.

Is there really no other way? Is it at least a feature request for a future version?

Next question is about deleting from the playlist (I mean the list view left from the arrangement window).
When I select one or more wave files or patterns is there no shortcut (like simply "del" on the keyboard) to delete them?
I have to right click and select "delete" every time?

The last question is about the effect slots in the mixer. I can assign up to 10 effects on each insert
which is fine. But to delete them I have to right click, go to "replace with.." and from that very long list
have to go to the top an select "delete" ? Why can't i just hit "del" on the keyboard and the selected
effect gets removed.

This are the "bad" things I discovered so far. Maybe I'm just to new to FL Studio and getting used to the
new recording "style" but the other 2 things really break the workflow (especially for newbs like me, playing
around a lot in the beginning).

Maybe some of you skilled users can give a hint about those :)

kind regards

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”