Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
blendss92
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:43 am

x

Connecting an external Compressor to FL Studio

Hello, first of all thanks for reading this.
I've tried to read other topics on how to connect an external hardware into FL Studio but nothing seems to work so I'm writing here.
I'm trying to connect an Art Pro VLA II compressor that I've just bought new.
I have a Focusrite Scarlet 8i6 as sound card and I'm connecting like this:
From sound card Output 3 to Input Channel 1 of compressor and from output 1 of compressor to Input 3 of the soundcard.
Then I open fl studio and on track 1 I put for example a kick and select on output section "line 3 &4" than i go to master channel where the output is set to the Monitors and select as Input "line 3".
Now the problem is that no compression seems to act rather then when turning up the "master output level" knob of the compressor hearing a strong high frequency whistle/distortion and some buzzing that take over the original kick sound; it seems to have some kind of "latency effect" also . If i'm not sending signal from track 1 to the master of the fl mixer no sound can be heard.
On the other hand on the comporessor meter it looks like the compression is acting and signal is passing through.
I've tried to connect also a reverb unit and is giving me the same problem.
Whithout using the soundcard , fl studio and the daw, so using an external mixer with a synth for example the external hardwares works fine.

Anyone knows how to solve this or which mistakes I'm doing?
Thank you very much for your time.
Francesco

shroomhead_one
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 pm

x

Re: Connecting an external Compressor to FL Studio

BrassElephant wrote:The video is helpful, thank...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”