Feature request: Can we have Patcher work like the Multi-instrument in Studio One

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dreamcube017
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 pm

x

Feature request: Can we have Patcher work like the Multi-instrument in Studio One

I know that may sound random, but I was testing out Studio One and while Patcher can do a lot of the things (and maybe more) that it's multi-instrument can do, S1 just makes it more intuitive.

For example, (and please correct me if I'm wrong), to layer and stack instruments in FL's Patcher, you have to open patcher, open the instrument inside patcher, then open another instrument in patcher, then route them properly. If you then want to split the keyboard in half, you have to use the Key visual thing (I'm sorry, I can't remember the name) and route it inside patcher as well. Then, if you want chords, you have to open and route that as well.

In S1, you just open an instrument, then to combined it, you just drag another one on top of it, then the program opens up the multi-instrument window and autoroutes them. Splitting keys is as easy as dragging a slider at the bottom of the window. For chords (or arps or anything MIDI note related), you just click a button at the top of the window and it routes them to the instruments within the window. You can of course change things around, but just the initial set up is much easier.

Now I know this sounds like one of those comparison threads, but I would really love to have this in FL since it has the patcher there already anyway. Yes I can do it all myself, but with all that setup, it gets in the way of trying to be creative. I like layering sounds, and if I have to stop and think about routing every five minutes, it starts to become draining. Now if there is an easy way to do all this that I just don't know about, please let me know as that'd be great!

Thanks for reading my suggestion. Also a side note, I really LOVE the audio and MIDI track setup in 20.1.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”