General FL Studio and Image-Line plugins discussion.
'How to' and 'I can't work this out' questions go here.
'This doesn't work' or 'I have found a bug' goes in Windows Techsupport or macOS Techsupport.
These rules apply in ALL Image-Line forums.
It's the Internet, you should know how this works by now. Public and anonymous communications platforms bring out the worst in some people. The forums need to be a place where customers of all ages to feel welcome to discuss FL Studio and music production. That's why:
Access to these forums is a privilege associated with ownership of an Image-Line product, this access is not a right, consider yourself a guest in the Image-Line house. We expect you to conduct yourself here as you would as a guest in a real home. Therefore, any thread that is deemed by the moderators to be:
- threatening - implied or direct physical threats, or wishing harm in any way on others
- attempting to pick a fight - trolling
- has excessive bad language - or offensive verbal attacks
- put downs - including racial, religious or cultural slurs
- is lewd - has obscene, vulgar or sexual content
- is clickbait - sensationalist or unnecessarily confrontational/controversial
- Posting in ALL CAPS - This is shouting. Don't shout
If the offending poster/s behaves badly, in the view of the moderators, with or without having received a warning, they will be muted or banned from Image-Line forums for a period at the discretion of the moderators. Continued spamming or other attacks on the Image-Line sites, forums or customers after a user has been banned may result in the offending user/s Image-Line accounts being deleted.
Nagging about removed threads or banned users
When we close/delete a thread or ban a member (usually temporarily), this is to stop a flame-war or cool down an overheated/intoxicated individual. There's absolutely NO need to start threads 'wondering' where thread 'X' or user 'Y' has 'suddenly gone'. This is seen by Image-Line management as a form of 'trolling' as it does little more than reignite the issues that caused the problem in the first place. If a thread has been deleted, locked or a user muted, move on.
Thread titles are searchable, and so contribute to the ever growing data-base users can research in order to solve their problems. Help! is a dumb title as -
- It provides no clue as to what the issue is.
- Reduces the likelihood that someone with a solution to your problem will answer you. Why should they read a 'Help' post?
- Shows disrespect for other forum users. Without a topic it's forum 'spam'.
Various words entered in these forums deemed to be unacceptable (oldspeak) will automatically revert to the term acceptable to Image-Line (newspeak). Do not be alarmed, your posts will be 'double plus good' in short order
Sharing files associated with skinning FL Studio 12 and above (.dlls), or FL Studio 11 and below (.bmp) are violations of both Copyright and or the EULA. We will take action to remove copyrighted material wherever we find this on the internet. Here is the Knowledge Base article on the topic - Re skinning
The EULA: 7. User obligations Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the User shall not, nor give anyone permission to (i) download, duplicate, rent, lease, alter, modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the Software; ...
Sound or project examples
If you are asking for advice about some strange noise, aspect of your sound or music, post some short .mp3 (320 kbps encoded) or a .zip project (if you can).
While we appreciate the good intentions of those posting of sales, group buys and for-sale posts to competitors products, please realise that these compete for the limited budgets of our customers too. For this reason we view it as impolite to use our forum to advertise them or to conduct your own business.
Looking for help?
Posts with 'Help' and no further information in the title will be locked, deleted or ignored, at the whim of the moderators.
If you have a technical problem please consult -
- The Knowledge Base. This contains a searchable database of common problems with the forums, registration and FL Studio.
- The FL Studio Manual. The live manual in FL Studio (press F1) can be searched on several levels, check the INDEX and SEARCH tabs to the left of the text window.
- Search these forums. It's possible that your problem has already been discussed. Try searching the forums.
- The Tech Support Forum. Please be patient if you post here, we work through the posts several times per day. Staff are based in Europe and the USA.
- Back-office Technical Support Team. Here you can create a create a traceable support-ticket. This link is primarily for registration and purchase problems.
Finally, if you are using a BETA version of something, report any bugs on the relevant forum, don't complain about them in Tech Support
We want to help, but need your cooperation. Please be clear and positive if you have a request for help.
FL STUDIO FEATURE REQUESTS
Please think twice before suggesting any more 'new features' we have a list of over 1000 things to do so we're busy till 2069
To Do (future):
- Audio Recording
- Audio recording - Ping option for latency control?
- Audio recording - Detect inputs on the Mixer with audio on them and indicate it on the input options menu (i.e orange names). Some ideas here worth reviewing also. [#1952]
- Audio recording - Improved compiling of takes [#2727]
- Automation Clips
- Automation Clips - Improved editing precision. Quick method for adding points to the envelope at the lines existing value. It's very easy to mess up the value now.
- Automation Clips - Make locating target easier. From plugins right-click option on controls ('Show automation source'). From the Automation Clips menu "Select destination targets" (if on plugins) or open FL Studio Windows if on FL Studio.
- Browser Improvements
- Browser - Content favoriting
- Browser - Revisit search for missing files options/process (suggest select search drive/folder to start looking in).
- Browser - User adjustable sample preview-length option. Plus, improved functions?
- Browser - Allow filters and sorting options in plugin database tab
- Browser - Improve finding items in the browser
- Browser - Add option to sort both folders and files (instead of only files)
- Browser - Allow user to "favorite" samples and other items (show them in separate tab, at top of search results)
- Channel Rack
- Channel rack - Explore new Automation Clip and Audio Clip visualization options
- Channel Rack - Lock volume and other controls?
- Channel rack - More advanced grouping options.
- Channel rack - Stop showing groups. Leave last selected group as setting.
- Channel rack - Pattern name show on Channel Rack (where it now says 'Channel Rack'. Put the Pattern selection menu back (i.e FL Studio 11). [#3717]
- Channel rack / mixer - New ways to mute and solo tracks and channels
- Control surface - Method to automatically add any clicked/tweaked control to a Control Surface.
- Control Surface - Show adapted popup menu when multiple controls are selected. [#317]
- Edison - Fix external input recording latency.
- Edison - Colored wave display
- Edison - Provide more info to user about Edison instances in song (if they use a lot of memory)
- Envelopes - Ability to pop up a resize-able window to edit.
- Envelopes - Auto enable upon edit.
- User Interface
- GUI - Sticky notes on any automatable control
- GUI - User control over plugin window colors. It could also be linked to Channel Button color.
- GUI - Touch improvements.
- GUI - Allow the Track Inspector PDC controls to be controlled by the Last Tweaked generic knob.
- GUI - Allow typing actual values for controls, instead of just percentages.
- GUI - Auto focus windows when mouse moves over them?
- GUI - Better error messages (for example: "registration failed" & "plugin not found").
- GUI - Customizable keyboard shortcuts. [#3916]
- GUI - Investigate improvements to snap [#2730]
- GUI - Investigate user control over labeling brightness/contrast for key windows.
- GUI - Investigate why the default HTML background plus other things are causing GUIs of certain plugins to choke/slow/slug
- GUI - Lock sliders/knobs from inadvertent movement.
- GUI - More elegant mouse-overshoot behaviour
- GUI - Open panels in dialog windows by default (for example: link to controller window).
- GUI - Save/recall multiple work-space/window layouts (could be a few buttons on the Extra shortcut panel 3? or Menu). Extension to the 'Save custom layout' option.
- GUI - Tabbed docking for PL, PR, ... windows?
- GUI - Vector GUI for all IL plugins (in progress).
- Harmor - Per voice distortion
- Internet - What to show in render dialog when no internet available?
- Internet - News panel. Make messages more user specific
- MIDI - Stop MIDI being routed through GUI Thread Either immediately route to audio callback thread (where possible) or use secondary Thread.
- MIDI - Advanced device assignment.
- MIDI - Record CC according to input channel.
- MIDI - FL Studio to slave to MIDI sync. Also sync to other instances/applications.
- MIDI - Improve performance with MIDI hardware. Sysex
- MIDI - Make controller support scriptable and outside FL Studio code. The idea is for faster / easier / OEM control of scripts.
- MIDI - Revisit binding of controllers to Channels etc (MOD and PITCH bend). What can we do to make this easier. Also binding FL Studio transport controls to controllers.
- MIDI - When turning on 'Send master sync' in the MIDI settings ALSO flip 'Options > Enable midi master sync' ON.
- Mixer - Make Fader/Meter height handle more obvious.
- Mixer - Brighter mixer VU and hint labels option
- Mixer - Stems thru master render
- Mixer - Mono outputs, same as the Mono inputs ( for Mixer track OUT).
- Mixer - Fix APDC for multi-out plugins (revisit what can be done for APDC in general).
- Mixer - Grouped faders. Some way to create permanent fader groupings.
- Mixer - Investigate 'Create submix...' issues as reported by Adam.
- Mixer - Investigate issue of Mixer presets saving dock position.
- Mixer - Make 'Reset' menu items for FX slots, Channel Buttons, Mixer tracks and the whole Mixer (should require a two-step confirmation) [#2680]
- Mixer - More tracks. [#2672]
- Mixer - Option for Panning to switch from cross-channel panning (as is now) to L/R level based panning (as is possible with Stereo Shaper). [#3918]
- Mixer - Option to patcherize a single track's effects. [#2466]
- Mixer - Peak hold function + ability to inspect. [#2676]
- Mixer - Resolve problem for Wide 2 and Extra Large where the fader value hint (on channel) is hidden by the fader handle at the top of the travel. [#3919]
- Mixer - Right-click (option in the menu somewhere) on Mixer Track routing selectors to select from a Mixer track list (i.e, as in Patcher when selecting outputs on plugins).
- Mixer - Save Mono input recordings as Mono files. [#2679]
- Mixer - Save whole Mixer Templates [#2680]
- Options - Re-organize settings window with "simple" and "advanced" views.
- Options - Revisit the options bundled into 'Auto select linked modules' and see what can be separated into menus on the relative windows (e.g. Playlist, Piano roll, Browser) or in General Settings. Same for 'Click and hold functions' and wherever else options are aggregated.
- Parametric EQ3
- Parametric EQ2 - Mono monitoring mode to avoid L/R phase cancellation.
- Parametric EQ2 - Mid/Side EQ
- Patcher - Ability to load plugin Patcherized (Shift + dag and drop)
- Patcher - link soloing?
- Patcher - Automatically activate tweaked controls. [#65]
- Patcher - Button on plugin window to show the associated Patcher window. [#354]
- Patcher - Patcher MIDIson MIDI editor/recorder/looper. See Minihost Modular for some ideas on Piano-roll within Piano-roll.
- Patcher - Patcherize selection of modules inside Patcher. [#353]
- Piano roll
- Piano roll - Key signature locked input and snapping while recording.
- Piano roll - 'Flush score logger' button option for tool-bar. [#2627]
- Piano roll - BRSO Articulate integration [#1094], [#661], [#2567]
- Piano roll - Select notes based on velocity [#2712]
- Piano roll - Integration of Scale grid highlights with Note names. Show Sharps/Flats as per scale.
- Piano roll - Option to show Ghost notes only from selected Channels.
- Piano roll - Piano roll - Fixed scale highlights (Paul). Option for brighter highlights.
- Piano roll - Piano roll Event and Note data selector/icons to the left of the event data area. Draw attention to the right-click options hiding here.
- Piano roll - Randomize tool. Change range to Semitones (72).
- Piano roll - Remember PR window zoom & position settings per channel (option).
- Piano roll - Reset note event data for selections of notes
- Piano roll - User customizable note colors from unlocked color-chooser. [#4299]
- Piano roll - User nameable notes. [#1094]
- Playlist - Volume envelopes on Audio Clips.
- Playlist - Add 'Playlist menu > Select > Select possible conflicts' to select/highlight all overlapping Clips. [#2724]
- Playlist - Make unique options. Simpler/faster way of making it happen.
- Playlist - Slice and Paste-unique functions.
- Playlist - Paste Clips at the Cursor position (option or default?).
- Playlist - Move markers as a group
- Playlist - Investigate performance mode Clip grouping
- Playlist - Investigate absolute snap.
- Playlist - Investigate adding more tracks. [#1171]
- Playlist - Investigate options for automatically grouping / merging audio clips with their automation.
- Playlist - Investigate tabbed playlist. Multiple playlists available in a single project.
- Playlist - Completely folding/hiding grouped tracks. [#3920]
- Playlist - Loop end marker.
- Playlist - Method for muting/unmuting multiple Playlist tracks (click and drag on the Playlist headers with a ctrl key held?)
- Playlist - Metronome start/stop marker types.
- Playlist - Record audio and midi in performance mode
- Playlist - Save Group, save grouped clips as a preset in the Browser and then being able to drag them into future projects.
- Playlist - Show audio (or placeholder) & MIDI as it's recorded. [#2560]
- Playlist - Show more of what's coming when auto-scroll is on.
- Playlist - Stop marker used to tell FL Studio where to stop rendering).
- Plugin - Fruity Gate. Based on Maximus envelopes.
- Plugin - FPC - Modify Cycle layer behaviour.
- Plugin - Newtone - Optional slice markers in samples. Off by default for Pitch mode. On for stretch mode?
- Plugin - Pitchshifta
- Plugin Manager - Improve it.
- Plugins - Allow plugins to add tabs to the plugin window's selector?
- Project - Improved project file management (project folder is currently hidden in project settings). Think about better way to use it, expose it to users. I.e when creating New project, create a sub-folder named after the project with this path auto-set.
- Provide some system for presetting destination track.
- Render to Video - Make it simpler. Add a visualizer to the master (if there's no visualizer yet) and show the Visualizer template selector (to be added by Ville).
- Sampler - Update Channel & DirectWave Include Deckadance Solo functions.
- Sampler - Make 'Keep on Disk' work with 24 Bit samples. I.e load them and auto-convert to 32 Bit (like Edison does when you edit a sample).
- Sampler - Remember the waveform preview setting per-channel (right-click on preview window options).
- Sampler plugin - replace / update DirectWave
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Shortcuts - User selectable
- Shortcuts - Consider harmonizing Ctrl+Shift+S
- Shortcuts - Shortcuts for all file export options
- Shortcuts - Suggestions for PL, mixer, PR link)
- Audio rendering - option to open target folder in File Explorer window when rendering has finished
- System - ASIO Add a virtual audio cable for the main outputs, or possibly as an additional output, when FL Studio is open.
- System - 64 Bit WAV handling (break the 2 GB barrier).
- System - Compare Direct Waves 64 Sinc code to FL Studio for speed. Direct Wave is faster? How does the quality compare? See Dan.
- System - Envelope editor for every linked control (audio triggered as well?)
- System - Explicit button/option to set the current project as the default template.
- System - Improve freeze and unfreeze [#2622]
- System - In-app registration and purchases
- System - Investigate making it possible to edit properties of multiple selected items (channels, playlist tracks, ...)
- System - Investigate making thumbnails of plugins that don't work now (e.g. Waves plugins)
- System - Make .flp files support data > 2GB.
- System - Move user data and config out of the FL folder.
- System - Option to purge unused patterns and automation.
- System - Show all missing plugins in a single dialog at the end of loading a song (together with samples?).
- System - Slide out panels with most used options for PL, PR, ... instead of having to use the menus
- System - Soft pickup support
- System - Unicode support in FL plugin sdk.
- VFX Pads and Keys plugins - VFX / Patcher Modules List
- Wave Candy - Horizontal spectrum display [#1449]
- Automation Clips - Make locating source/target easier. Option on linked target controls (Right-click) "Show in playlist" that selects the linked Clip/s. - FL 12.5 plugin picker
- Automation Clips - Right-click type-in value to points - FL 12.5.
- Channel rack - Option for Wider Channel buttons for easy reading of labels. Alt+W suggested shortcut. - FL 12.3
- Channel rack - Option to sort Channels by mixer track number [#1274] - FL 12.3
- Files - Make setting the default template more obvious. Put an option in General settings.
- GUI - Option to completely switch off window transparency - FL 12.5
- GUI - Relaxing color limitations everywhere.
- GUI - Touch-instruments keyboards/triggers/pads/etc for Patcher? Master? Must be recorded into Piano roll - 12.5
- Install - Automated transfer of user data from existing installations to new ones. [#3917]
- MIDI - Recording mode that leaves note ends unquantized while quantizing note start.
- Mixer - Fix multi-move problem when faders are dragged to zero and released and then re-grabbed. [#3459]
- Mixer - Revisit mute/solo options behaviour. Users are confused by how it works, suggest alternatives and Mute/Solo grouping - 12.4.2
- Patterns - Better pattern management - 12.5 (Picker Panel)
- Patterns - Sort Pattern list by Name, Color etc?
- Piano roll - Fix brush tool behaviour
- Plugin Manager - Sort/display plugins by vendor option 12.4.2
- Plugins - Modulated reverb
- Project - Review Backup system. How many backups to keep (need more than now), how they can be accessed, what info do users need to see?
- Project - Revisit the GUID code for dragged samples and look for a more human-readable solution e.g. - Project + D/M/Y + H/M/S - 12.4.2
- Sampler plugin - update DirectWave 12.5
- System - Improve .flp loading speed (buffer file reads). 12.5
- System - Mono sample export.
- System - Show cpu used by each plugin?
- System - use help from website instead of chm.
- Time signatures - Both Patterns and Playlist need to reflect a selected Time signature. Use Time Markers to set Time Signature Changes. [#3648]
- Video Player - Fix project/time sync issues with tempo changes.