This contest is all about CREATIVITY, and with using whatever you have -to make a great cover song, but in YOUR style.
Make a cover of some song that you like, but change the style of your cover to be different than the original.
eg:if it's rock it can be rock still, if it's pop it can be pop still - but don't try to mimic the original, make it your own style of the song.
You're welcome to change the genre completely from the original also - eg: If you want to make a dubstep version of a classical symphony piece - have at it.
It's your choice.. just note the title of the song your making a cover of - as well as crediting the original band. (a link to listen to the original might be very helpful also )
Working with others is allowed - eg: if you have a band - you can have your band work together on the song.. Or if you want to collab on a song with someone else on the forums or elsewhere - go for it.
DEADLINE = August 11
0. Do NOT -use a premade midi file of a song to make a cover from. Do not submit a premade project (as in a project made before July 9 2019)- start fresh - create the notes and scores yourself, in YOUR style.
1. DO -change the style of the song from the original, to your own style, yet make it recognizable as a cover of the song you are doing. So if you want to make an orchestral version of a metallica song, or a metal version of an orchestral song - have at it.. any style you like.
2. ANY and ALL third party plugins are allowed
(YES you read that right) All plugins allowed - have at it with whatever you have and want to use.
you are welcome to render stems if third party plugins if you like - but it is not required.
3. At LEAST 50% of the generators on the channel rack MUST be native FL studio plugins.
4. Use at LEAST one instance of patcher in the project using your own preset for it. if you don't have one made, just make one for it.
5. The song MUST contain at least 2 instances of FLEX that can be heard in the song.
(in regards to flex stability - if it crashes - you are welcome to consolidate the track for it instead)
6. Your final cover song MUST be at least 2 minutes long - up to 15 minutes (but only if it sounds great )
7. NO premade LOOPs allowed - such as from looperman or other.. make your OWN music
8. NO copyrighted samples allowed. meaning no samples/loops from the original song or someone else's remix - or any other song samples allowed.
MAKE YOUR OWN MUSIC - BE CREATIVE. Sampled 'instruments' however ARE allowed (like kontakt, omnisphere, IL instruments etc)
Important note for rule 8: All copyright terms must be followed regarding any EULA involved on third party sampled instruments used.
9. You MUST attempt your best at doing a great mixing job on the song. Final mixing on the song will be a factor of judgement for the entries.
10. Up to 3 song entries per user.
(oh yeah, thats the rule - so GET TO WORK people - soon)
Alert Modified Rule 11
11. Tie Breaker Rule: If there is a Tie of 2 or more entries after the voting - the tied entries user and song titles will be placed into a random winner selection picker - an online Bot will then choose the final winner.. the losers can RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
12. A .flp file of the project is required to submit along with your mp3 - to prove you made the cover in fl studio.
Bonus factors for ALL to consider for song judgement during voting
-Bonus if you use external instruments or hardware such as guitar, synthesizer, stomp pedals or other.
-Bonus if you do your own VOCALS - with or without autotune.
you do NOT have to include wav files of your vocals or other sound recordings.. just the flp project.
You can enter up to 3 entries - either different covers of different versions of the same cover, or 3 completely different songs.
You have 4 weeks from tomorrow to make your cover song and post it up for voting.
Voting will start on August 11 and run until August 18 - thats 1 week of voting time (vote date is subject to change depending on amount of entries to handle)
also gives 2 days for someone to make up the voting topic and organize the songs for play..
The winner gets to make the rules and contest theme and design for the next contest.
Tell your neighbors, Tell your Friends, Tell your Band - lets get a bunch of entries.
Most of all - Have fun
Winner Announcement = CrimsonHawk47 - Wicked Games