User contest ‘meta rules/good practice’

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
audiosabre
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

0 x

User contest ‘meta rules/good practice’

So I came up with these. Please feel free to discuss, correct, or add anything I’ve missed. The moderator/host can obviously override these if it suits their contest idea or rule set, but otherwise these have generally been agreed upon or hold true for most contests.

Once we’re happy I can add this to an archive post and people can link/refer to that post to save time/arguments. Maybe there could even be some more ‘moderator tips’ thrown in there. Really interested to hear your thoughts. The idea is to lay out a blueprint that newcomers can pull from should they whoop us regular guys arses, or God forbid, anything happens to us and we can’t chime in :shock: :lol:

These are a collection of meta rules that generally apply to all monthly looptalk user contests, unless expressly stated otherwise. Please check the current rules carefully, and ask the contest moderator if unsure -

The winning entrant decides upon the rules for, and moderates, the proceeding contest. Help is always at hand with regards to artwork, procedure, wording & good practice.

All submitted projects must be created entirely from scratch, within the specified timeframe.

All plugins and samples used must be stock FL Studio - either included in FL’s installer or freely available from the online content library.

All submissions must include an MP3 and project file within the post. Optionally, SoundCloud uploads will be added to the ‘Looptalk User Contests’ playlists for extra exposure and archival.

Winning entries are decided by voting poll in the Song Exchange forum. Vote count per user is proportional to the number of entries, at the discretion of the moderator.

Moderators can override any existing meta-rule, have the final say, and hold the ability to change rules at their discretion, at any given time. However, this should ideally only be done to clarify rules or correct oversights. With great power comes great responsibility.

In the event of a tied vote, the moderator can decide the winner themselves, declare a tied win, or alternatively mediate a resolution with the tied entrants and/or larger community. Ties are rare, & the best course of action will be context-dependant.

HeathW
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:52 pm

0 x

Re: User contest ‘meta rules/good practice’

If we only had a way to charge $1-$5+ say per e...

HeathW
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 pm

0 x

wasn't there a contest 'unwritten rules' topic ...

HeathW
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 pm

0 x

yeah, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want th...

miles_t3hr4t
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:21 pm

0 x

HeathW wrote:If we only had a way to charge $1-...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”