Switching instruments during song for live performance

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Robb Allen
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:30 pm

0 x

Switching instruments during song for live performance

I've tried searching the forums but haven't really found what I was wanting to do, if possible.

I play in my church's band, primarily guitar, but I can muddle my way through keyboards (pads, basic piano, strings) from time to time. Usually, FL studio is just there, and I'll switch instruments between songs with the mouse.

I'm trying to set up a single song though & have some parts automatically played underneath what I'm playing and then switch to different instruments.

Basically, I want to set a metronome track (output to a different channel, which I can already do), then have the string section start while I play the lead. Once that section is done, I'd like FL studio to automatically select the piano while continuing to play the strings underneath automatically.

How can I have, say at bar 8, FL Studio automatically set MIDI input to the 4th Channel (the one holding the piano)?

levendis
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:18 pm

0 x

Re: Switching instruments during song for live performance

i don't know that it's possible to automate Cha...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robb Allen
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 am

2 x

HeathW wrote:then automate mixer volume levels ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HeathW
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:53 am

1 x

Robb Allen wrote:I tried this, and this is exac...

levendis
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:41 am

0 x

Robb Allen wrote:HeathW wrote:then automate mix...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”