Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
stmusicmusic
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 pm

x

TEMPO-changes: Editing audio-files & composing new MIDI material

My goal is to put several audio songs with different tempos together, and compose some new MIDI-notes around those audio-songs.
That's why I think it's a must to use DAW tempo automation when adding some MIDI-melodies around those audio files, when there are many audio files with different tempos.

When I convert the whole track into one track, music seems to be identical every time, but for some strange reasons, FL20 can't playback those tempo changed audio songs in identical/real way in realtime when editing and composing.

INFO:
- I've created a compilation song which includes several audio-files and I started with the DAW tempo 107BPM.
- All those audio-files (songs) have been clicked as unique, for controlling their own volume automation curves separately.
- At 3:40 I added a new audio-song & decresed the DAW tempo to 96BPM which fits into this new audio song.

--> However when I tried to compose some MIDI notes at 4:17 and moved back 5 seconds i.e. I started to listen the track from 4:12, I can't hear this last audio in a same way I can hear, when I start to play the whole compilation song over the point at 4:17 / before the DAW tempo decreasing.

My point is to say that it's impossible to work with this track today after point 4:17 because I can't hear into what certain point this last track (with BPM96) really ends.
1st time I start to listen from 4:12 onwards it's okay at 4:17,
2nd time I start to listen from 4:02 onwards the music is at different point at 4:17,
3rd time I start to listen from 3:50 onwards the music is again at different point at 4:17
4th time I start to listen from 3:40 onwards the music is again at different point at 4:17

Just like Spivkurl said before, when doing the DAW automation-changes for tempo, it seems that FL20 can't understand the new automated tempo perfectly when clicking play from some random place from the compilation song in a real-time.
My only option is to have to listen every tempo-changed audio file entirely every time and then I know how the audio file + MIDI-notes work together, and then FL20 didn't twist the sound (or use the tempo of the original/1st audio file in the whole project/compilation song).

It's difficult to describe these issues I've had but maybe somebody else have had same kind of issues.
I'd appreciate a lot of your ideas and insights how to deal with these kind of tempo changes with several audio files & MIDI notes.

stmusicmusic
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:43 am

x

Re: TEMPO-changes: Editing audio-files & composing new MIDI material

I created a demonstration-project for this prob...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

levendis
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:49 pm

x

Don't automate the tempo. Disregard it and the...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

levendis
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:07 am

x

stmusicmusic wrote:… English isn't my native la...

stmusicmusic
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:33 pm

x

[/quote]Regarding your issue, i suggest not aut...

levendis
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:16 pm

x

stmusicmusic wrote:I turned the timebase to 960...
Last edited by levendis on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

levendis
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:26 am

x

Here's another simplified example, not specific...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”