Purchase Question: re Arrangement of Pads On Controller

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Trouble_Funk
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:23 am

0 x

Purchase Question: re Arrangement of Pads On Controller

Looking at buying a controller for recording automation... priorities are 1. knob and faders, 2. pads, and 3. keys...

I'm stuck on what kind of pad config to buy... Pads are the confusing part because I only sorta get how pads can or do work... they seem to work differently across different controllers... like pads on a Launchpad or a Push seem to work differently from pads set alongside a keyboard... I cant tell if a groovebox is yet a third type of pad system...

Anyway, I came across a unit that has a 4x4 pad configuration... The advert touted a 4x4 pad arrangement as the basic thing to buy... so - simply to get a conversation going on it - is that true?

I was originally thinking of a cheap 2x4 pad system on a keyboard for like $200 bc they have plenty of knobs and faders... but then the middle of the road systems, which have the 4x4 pad configuration, are running around $400... If there's something about the 4x4 configuration that makes it more like a launchpad or groovebox.. it might be worth the additional money...

Am I making sense, or barking up the wrong tree?

NTO
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:55 am

0 x

Re: Purchase Question: re Arrangement of Pads On Controller

"...they seem to work differently across d...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”