how to record automation of a plugin into playlist using midi

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
inbirth
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:52 pm

x

how to record automation of a plugin into playlist using midi

Hello, question is as subject says. Using fl studio producer 20.5.1 build 1193 signature bundle 64 bit. Windows 10.

(I understand that when recording automation through a midi it will be recorded as an event, and i'm not necessarily asking how to record an automation clip LIVE because to my understanding that is not possible. please continue reading)

For example:
I have Pattern 1 that is 16 bars in length on the playlist.
* It contains information and notes from a 3rd party VST.
* Pattern 1 is used 3 times repetitively, therefore, playing for the first 48 bars of the song... etc.
* Pattern 1 is assigned to mixer track 1 and mixer track 1 has a fruity filter effect on it.
* I linked the fruity filter cutoff freq to a knob on my midi and it works appropriately and correctly.
* I want to change the low pass cutoff time during the beginning of the first 16 bars of pattern 1 and then change it up LIVE using my hardware (midi knobs etc.) as the song progresses further and further. (on every recurring pattern 1)
* When recording automation using my midi, I select the record button at the top (making sure automation is checked) & hit "notes and automation" on the next pop up dialogue window.

Now, when i hit play to record in realtime, the automation (events) only record up to the 16 bar limit of pattern 1 in the playlist view and does not allow me to continue tweaking the parameters of the repeating patterns of pattern 1. Instead it will take the automation events and place them on every pattern 1 in the playlist. Another example would be imagine me fading in cutoff freq of pattern 1 in the beginning of the playlist and it applies this to every other pattern 1 in the playlist. so all my pattern 1's are going to be fading in the cutoff freq instead of just the first one appearing in the beginning of the song and then adjusting the cutoff freq for the remainder of the song.

Again, is there a way to record an automation of a plugin into the playlist using midi (or any hardware) for the entire duration of the song?
tried to explain this as clear as possible. I could post a video showing what I mean if u do not understand

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”