Selective MIDI Routing?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
NineWings
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:03 am

x

Selective MIDI Routing?

Is there a way to link a midi controller to a plugin only while it is selected in the channel rack?

When using plugins from Arturia's V Collection I would like to utilize the native "MIDI Assign" feature that each plugin has, however, input from my controller (other than notes) are only able to be recognized after setting the input port in the midi section of the wrapper settings to the same one that my controller is linked to. Upon doing this my midi controller will be linked to that plugin regardless of whether I have it selected or not and will receive note data even if I have another plugin selected. I want to be able to select different plugins on the channel rack and use the knobs on my midi keyboard to control each one separately without them all playing at the same time when I press a note.

I realize this can be somewhat mitigated by using "override generic link" to map each parameter to a knob on my controller, but quite a bit of functionality is lost due to some parameters being absent from the parameter list on certain plugins. Additionally, I am using an Arturia MiniLab Mk II which has default mappings to key parameters in each plugin when the it is set to the same input port so it would be nice if there was a way to do this, but there does not seem to be much information on this specific issue.

The FL Studio Ghost
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 am

x

Re: Selective MIDI Routing?

That sounds pretty tricky. take a look at thi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”