Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
montgommery
Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:09 am

x

FL Studio for gigging ?

Hi,
i'm using FL Studio Producer Edition for my Studio works. It is great.

Now i plan to have some initial gigs. My question is, has anybody of you experience using FL Studio for live gigs.
I plan to use parts of my songs rendered down to wave and use it as a playback in the playlist of FL Studio, while playing a Drumcomputer and a microKorg via midi into mixer channels of FL Studio and additional playing my guitar via audio in into another channel of the mixer in FL.

My equipment:
- HP Pavilion, AMD Turion 64 X2, 2Gig Ram, 200Gig Sata, Vista (any constraints using Vista when live playing ???)
- Alesis IO/2
- microKorg
- bent Korg DDD-1
- e-guitar
- some other bent stuff

One of my major concerns is the ability of FL Studio to work flawless during live playing. Or is it more recommended to use Albleton Live or Reason for the live performances and FL Studio only for the studio work ???
Or maybe use a hardware sampler or DJ CD Player for the playbacks ?
Any DJ guys out there using FL in their clubs ?

Any help would be highly appreciated because i have no experience in live performing yet and would like to ensure that everything works perfect.
Maybe somebody of you works with comparable equipment base and has solid experience. Some tricks on the wiring in the mixer in FL for live gigs or a tutorial would be great.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance
cheers
monty

nucleon
Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:00 am

x

Re: FL Studio for gigging ?

montgommery wrote:Hi, i'm using FL Studio Prod...

montgommery
Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:39 pm

x

Re: FL Studio for gigging ?

nucleon wrote: The big difference is Ableton Li...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”