Fruity edition, questions about projects with samples

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
E-Shock
Thu May 28, 2020 11:12 am

x

Fruity edition, questions about projects with samples

I've been using Fl studio on my own for a while now (all plugins) and I've been quite happy with it. Well now I have to start working with my band and since I'd want to avoid spending years exporting/importing everything just so they can open the "project" on another DAW and repeat the process when I want to use their work, I've suggested they buy FL Studio, since it's quite beginner friendly and pretty easy to use.

They're mostly just going to be adding/editing midi notes to my project files and maybe basic composing, so to me that sounds like the perfect opportunity to choose the Fruity edition. But it says you can't use samples in the playlist, in the versions comparison list. But it also doesn't quite make it clear to me what exactly that will mean.

So here are the questions:
  • Can someone who is using the fruity edition open a project made by someone on a higher edition? As far as I can tell, they can, but I'd like to know for sure.
  • Can they open a project that has samples in the playlist?
  • If they can, and I've given them a .ZIP including all the samples, will they be able to hear the samples?
  • Can they edit the samples? (move, slice, delete)
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question, I could not figure out a better place.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”