[HELP] Massive stuttering and crackling during playback, software is unusable.

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ShmolGuy
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:56 pm

x

[HELP] Massive stuttering and crackling during playback, software is unusable.

Hello, new user here.

I have been trying to get to the bottom of this on my own for over a week now, but I just can't find anything on here or the reddit page that describes the problem I'm having.

This randomly came up after everything was running fine for over a month, FL completely died on me fairly recently.

FL studio is completely unusable as it currently stands. When I start the software, I hear the opening beep sound, but it comes out SUPER choppy/crackly/stutter-y.

If I hit play with a metronome, the playback is unable to keep up with the BPM I have it set to, ticking at a quarter or so of the pace it should be. After around a minute of the software being open, I hear nothing with an occasional crackle if I let it play for long enough.

All the while, my CPU usage at the top of the window, as well as in the task manager is showing up as 0% most of the time, and doesn't go above 1-2% usage.

The only way I've been able to solve this is to send my audio to my headphones through direct output. With this, everything runs perfectly smooth, but I'd much rather use the Fl Studio ASIO.

I am at a complete loss here. Any input would be appreciated. It really sucks that I've paid over 200 dollars for some software that's now completely unusable.

If this helps at all, I am running a Intel Core i5-8600 and have 16GB of ram.

Thanks!

Getbuzzed
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:26 pm

x

Re: [HELP] Massive stuttering and crackling during playback, software is unusable.

ShmolGuy wrote: ↑Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:56 pm Hello...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”