3rd party FX issues (FL 20.7.1 Build 1773)

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
WE NEED DETAILS!

We appreciate your frustration when things don't work as you expected. However, please help us to help you by following these suggestions:

1. Update - Before anything else, download and install the latest version of FL Studio from here. Your bug may be fixed already!
  2. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  3. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  4. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  5. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.

ALL posts made in this forum are 'Private' so that only you and staff can see them. This allows sharing of personal data, projects and other information. Posts are generally made public after they are marked 'Solved' AND there was no personal data contained in them.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Seasho
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:13 pm

x

3rd party FX issues (FL 20.7.1 Build 1773)

Is anyone else experiencing issues with 3rd party FX on the latest update?

I've been working on this for 3 or so days and I can't pinpoint why certain plugins do this, my thread in tech support has been a ghost town so I'm guessing they are overwhelmed.

See the crash/freeze at 1:36 or so with 16x Fab Filter Timeless on 30 inserts (then adding a single Entropy EQ):

See another freeze caused by adding Timeless in (with no Entropy EQ):

This is what I've established so far:
1. It's related to the mixer
2. It's related to third party plugins
3. It doesn't seem to be plugin specific as 480 instances of Timeless in one project will not freeze/crash whereas one introduced with cause one.
4. Entropy EQ causes the crash most easily after 5 instances. Perhaps it's drawing off a certain resource/causing certain issues for FL more heavily.

Hybrid / Driver mixer tracking fixes nothing.
Asio Driver vs direct sound vs FL Asio fixes nothing.
Bridged fixes nothing.
Memory Test shows all modules are fine.
XMP Profile Toggling fixes nothing.
Latest drivers installed on interface.
Latest chipset drivers installed on Ryzen processor.
Latest bios installed on Aorus Xtreme mobo.
Tweaking virtual memory settings changes nothing.

Possible contributors to the error(?):
x570 board
VST 3 plugins

Seasho
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:58 pm

x

Re: 3rd party FX issues (FL 20.7.1 Build 1773)

For those suffering in silence some humor from ...

Seasho
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:34 am

x

Re: 3rd party FX issues (FL 20.7.1 Build 1773)

Screenshot_20200704-003308.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”