Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SuperTRev
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:32 am

x

A few suggestions that evolved into many :/

Transport Controls.png
-Some third party plugins don't respect FLS telling it to pitch bend. It becomes annoying when you try to change the pitch of the whole song
with the master pitch knob, and half the plugins change pitch and half don't. How can we force all the audio output to be subject to the master pitch bend knob?
-Can you add a multiplier for that knob, so we can pitch bend more than just one octave? And let the user set the default pitch bend range?
-Can you allow the main volume knob to be linked to a controller?
-Is there a mapping formula that will reset the tempo control to 120, or 128 or whatever, when a MIDI cc signal of 63 or 64 (bipolar reset) tells it to return to middle? Currently MIDI reset puts it at like 300bpm or something. Even better, let us tempo lock the project, so whenever we tell it to reset, it goes back to the custom set tempo bpm, that is custom set per project.
-For the plugin header pitch bend range, can we set a default for it, instead of 2? If I want it at 12 or 24 as default, I have to change it to that every time I use every plugin.
Two Semitones.png
-Swing knob for plugins should be at 0% by default, not 100%. The user should add a few to it, instead of take away many.
The majority of music only has swing on some elements, not all.
-A fifth knob on a Akai Fire MKII. It will be channel mode: swing, mixer mode: mid eq. Bonus is another knob for user 1 and user 2 banks.

-Can you not make the paint tool have to be the default tool? Can it be whatever the last tool was on last save?

-For the rec button, can we set up latching buttons? When the rec button is on, metronome is on, rec off, met off, etc.
-Can there be a default recording MIDI grid snap? I always forget it and it mangles my first take. (I just don't auto quantize anymore)

-For MIDI: When using shift+arrow keys to nudge a selection, the view always snaps to the end of the selection. When moving a large volume of notes, this is brutal. Try it yourself, it's brutal. If the scroll follow is *off, why is moving notes stealing the view? And why to the back of a selection instead of the front?
-Double clicking a pattern in the piano picker zooms on content nicely. But not when double clicking a pattern in the channel rack or playlist. It goes to a random spot. This is *not zoom on content, and is inconsistent with the pattern picker.
Weird Zoom.png
The grid snap icons don't match. This is inconsistent and also messes with my macros.
All you have to do is put the tools icon on the other side.
Thank you.
Misaligned.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”