Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
skilzorz123
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:35 pm

x

Plugins from old projects cant load

Hi everyone!

I'm having issues loading some plugins from projects that are around 5 years old. The issue is that FL studio cannot find the plugin, even though I have it installed. I expect this is because there is a slight difference in how the dll was\is named, and as a result there is no match with the currently installed plugin. I can of course re-add the plugin to the relevant track, but then all the fine tweaking I did on them is lost, and I would like to get the exact sound I have in the MP3 files that I exported those 5 years ago.

So for example, I created a project in 2015 with Nicky Romero's Kick 2 bass drum plugin, now when I open the project (after changing computers multiple times including a full transition from mac bootcamp to windows tower pc) I get the following message "KICK Nicky Romero Edition x64 (VST)" -Missing

Currently, my plugin manager shows the same plugin (could be a different version but in appearance its I think exactly the same) with name "Kick 2" and filename "Kick 2 x64". Can this issue be solved by renaming the dll file or will that cause other isues? Or how do I point FL studio to the correct plugin, keeping the tweaks that I did when I originally created the project? For missing samples, there is a 'Locate Sample' button, but seemingly nothing similar for plugins.

This has probably been answered elsewhere, but after searching the forums for a while I could not find it :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter

skilzorz123
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:14 pm

x

Re: Plugins from old projects cant load

Hey Steevm, yes quite sure it was kick 2 as I r...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”