Ableton/Reason User :Trying to understand Channel Rack, Playlist and Pattern workflow...

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
rcube666
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:33 pm

x

Ableton/Reason User :Trying to understand Channel Rack, Playlist and Pattern workflow...

TL;DR - Any recommendations or guide for an intermediate Ableton & Reason user to understand the FL Studio workflow specifically around Patterns?

I know how Reason and Ableton work and I have been using them for some time. I just bought FL Studio a few days ago and am trying to wrap my head around the pattern paradigm, I can work my way around and put together a track. its just that I am not sure if I am doing things the right way ...

In a Nutshell - my workflow so far is
* Create channel rack slots for all my instruments (Lead, Arp, Drums etc)
* Route them to mixer channels and add insert effects as needed
* Group them by instrument type

Now the next logical thing that I see for me is to create Patterns for each section (ex: Intro, Verse, Chorus etc..) - Is this correct? Or am I misunderstanding this concept?

EDIT: Reworded the title and grammar.

SuperTRev
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:16 pm

x

Re: Ableton/Reason User :Trying to understand Channel Rack, Playlist and Pattern workflow...

Any recommendations or guide Behold a guide doe...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SuperTRev
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:21 am

x

Re: Ableton/Reason User :Trying to understand Channel Rack, Playlist and Pattern workflow...

Don't get me wrong - my question was not how to...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SuperTRev
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 am

x

kitekrazy wrote: If I'm wrong my apologies. ......

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”