Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:03 pm

x

Questions About The "New" Soundfont Sampler

Chris7_ wrote:
Jason Greene wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:53 am
reflex wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am
We're looking at having a new Soundfont Player plugin (or at least the backend) developed for 64 bit, so you normally won't lose that.
Will the new soundfont player be fully backwards compatible with older projects? For example, if my old projects used the old fruity soundfont player and I load them in future versions (with this new soundfont player) will this new soundfont player be a complete replacement and load in place of the old fruity soundfont player?
Wow, what wonderfully stated questions. I wonder these things too. I do hope the answer to these questions is yes.

I used to use the Fruity Soundfont Player a lot. Ah, what a delight to have that nice smooth workflow option again with soundfonts in FLStudio.

DirectWave so nice as an option, but for me unfortunate as a default for handling loading new soundfonts in an existing channel.

Perhaps a setting in preferences for how to handle soundfonts, not just the limited right click sf2 in browser as it is now.

The right click as it is now only works to load an sf2 into Fruity Soundfont Player into a new channel. Loading and sf2 into an existing channel by drag and drop opens Directwave. That's not a good option for testing various sf2 sounds in an existing sf2 channel.

I think a great solution would be a settings option to be able to choose between Fruity Soundfont Player or Directwave as the default handler of soundfonts. I wonder if that option would be hard to implement?
I'm not interested in jumping back on the Soundfont boat and I already did a soundfont loader with SynthEdit. Unfortunately, I had some set backs which pushed it into the bricks.
Groups.io|SynthEdit: Re:New Sample Playback Module (SFZ) Post#7242
Along with deciding to focus on a MIDI Guitar Synth in Flowstone, and just rolling with the proprietary samplers I bought licenses to.

But, just for s**ts and giggles.

More functional questions:

-Will the soundfont sampler support per note parameters?
DWNoteProperties.png
The pan is great for extra wide chords.

-Will it support the wrappers mono-mode and portamento?

-Will there be access to internal parameters?
I don't think I really need to ask on this one because the answer is always no with almost every soundfont sampler.

-Will it stream from disk instead of loading into memory and crashing and burning for those with little RAM or monstrous soundfonts?

-Has the team considered the FluidSynth API?
http://www.fluidsynth.org/

-Will it adopt sf3? (Read compressed formats)
Musescore Forums|Soundfonts|geetar:Sf2 versus sf3

-Will it respond to program change?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”