Tipps on improving my midi-workflow with channel rack, playlist and mixer

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
IndependentArt
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:40 am

x

Tipps on improving my midi-workflow with channel rack, playlist and mixer

I'm about to reconstruct a great number of pieces from midi files and trying to figure out a efficient workflow.
This is where I start (see attachment). I have these channels automaticalls created from a midi.

Now I want to as fast as possible:
1. create patterns from each channel
2. name the channels
3. link them to separate mixer channels
4. name the mixer channels
5. assign instruments to them
6. name the "inserts"

For now it looks like I'd have to type in the name 3 times: In the CR, on the insert and in the mixer track. This seems veeery unnatural and tedious to me and I hope there's a better way.

If I'm making a track without midi, this would be my workflow:
I choose an instrument like contact and drag and drop it on the insert I like. This automatically creates a channel, mixer track etc. Name and color of all 3 things thus are connected, so you'd conveniently only have to change it at 1 spot.
This seems logical to me, yet, it's shocking that this seems to be a newer feature of FLStudio. But I dont wanna complain. Maybe I just can't yet properly wrap my head around how all this works. So I'd be thankful for advice. :)

edit: I just found the option "split by channel" on the midi-pattern. THAT is quite useful to get individual patterns, for a start. :)

edit 2:
I also found out, how you can link an insert with a mixer track. Anything else, you would consider useful?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

levendis
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:09 pm

x

Re: Tipps on improving my midi-workflow with channel rack, playlist and mixer

Import multi-track MIDI file. Ensure 'Create ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

levendis
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:01 pm

x

Re: Tipps on improving my midi-workflow with channel rack, playlist and mixer

My bad. Pattern Clips are indeed fixed, with re...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”