arp feature on channel , time knob

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
EDUk8ingTheREDnx
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:23 pm

x

arp feature on channel , time knob

I have wondered for a long time about the arp feature on the instrument channels - when you are settimg the time, on the hint panel as you turn the knob the numbers go from 1:00 up to 1:30 then immediately from there it goes to 2:00. What is this in reference to? Who tells time like that? In my country minutes have 60 seconds, and a second can be divided into tenths hundredths, etc , but this appears to have minutes with 30 seconds or second with 30 milliseconds ??? So if it isn't minutes or seconds, what is it? Even if it was meant to be a decimal, it would go up to 100, and if it was meant to be beats per measure, it would change after 1:40 to 2:00 and so on... but what unit of measure goes up to 30 only? its like a base 3 system but with 10 units between each third.... i don't know how to call it, and i get the feeling i am gonna look really stupid when someone explains this, but this makes zero sense to me, it doesn't correspond to anything in reality that i know off. I'm just asking because it would be nice to be able to set this by the beats per measure or something. like if it was tempo synced.

greygoo
Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:52 pm

x

Re: arp feature on channel , time knob

It is tempo synced. The format is steps:ticks, ...

EDUk8ingTheREDnx
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:23 am

x

Re: arp feature on channel , time knob

greygoo wrote: ↑Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:52 pm It is ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”