High end microphone hiss

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
S God
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:34 pm

x

High end microphone hiss

I'm using a Blue Nessie, I've never had any problems with it. It would pick up some background noise sure but it would never have hiss like this. It started when I got my new laptop not too long ago, probably a week or two ago. It's a Dell G5 SE, my old one was a Dell G3 which like I said, never had this problem. Is there something I'm missing here because I truly don't understand what could be causing it. The mic is on the same setting it always was, I'm using the same USB cable, same settings in FL too I'm pretty sure so I'm at a total loss here. If someone could help out it would be greatly appreciated as I'm now at a standstill in regards to recording anything new because I don't want my songs to have worse quality. I've attached an example of the noise I'm talking about here
Hiss Test.wav
. I have a basic vocal effect chain on it to simulate why it's a problem when mixing and mastering my vocals. It's OTT with the depth turned to 30% (which never caused this issue before but now is amplifying it) and a basic EQ
Screenshot (1).png
(it may not be the best EQ cause I'm still learning but that's not the main point lol). If I've missed any details you have questions about I'm happy to answer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

S God
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:23 pm

x

Re: High end microphone hiss

WhiskeyPriest wrote: I think it could be OTT br...

S God
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm

x

So I've just tried the Edison noise removal, it...

WhiskeyPriest
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 pm

x

Did you 'Acquire noise profile' on a part of th...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

S God
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 am

x

WhiskeyPriest wrote: Did you 'Acquire noise pro...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”