Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Trancelmania
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:16 am

x

Power Mod beyond the Plugin Database

For the FL geeks

Most FL geeks know you can save your own custom fst files in the plugin database (the add menu and graphical plugin picker) for loading your chosen channel types with your individual settings but there are also hidden default system files which annoyingly don't keep to the same settings as when you add from the plugin database, however the following system files in FL can be overwritten with fst files if you want your own settings to be applied instead of the default, just don't change the filenames, oh and keep a copy of the originals.

You will need to show hidden files, do this from folder options in explorer.

Now go to your FL folder then data then system. Inside here are the following fst files and what they do. Save an fst preset in FL from the menu of each appropriate channel type. But a tip is save them as a full channel state fst where ever possible, this saves the generic wrapper settings as well as the plugin settings, if you only save the fst by the 'save preset as' option this will only save the settings of the plugin not the wrapper settings too. As an example further down i talk about saving the 'DirectWaveTrack' file and i say i recommend enabling the 'add to key' option. This is a setting on the miscellaneous tab of the wrapper and not in DirectWave itself so for this to work you have to save it as a channel state fst not a standard plugin only fst.

AudioTrack

This file is responsible for the audio clip channel that loads when you drag & drop any audio file onto the playlist from anywhere. This will still randomly colour and rename itself as normal but it will retain your customised channel settings

AudioEditorTrack

This file is responsible for the Edison settings that load up when you select the menu option 'edit in audio editor' shown when right clicking an audio file either in a sampler/audio channel window or via the browser.

AudioLoggerTrack

This file is responsible for the Edison settings that load up when using the one click audio record feature in the toolbar represented by a microphone icon.

AutoTrack

This file is responsible for creating an automation clip via the right click menu of a control. This also still randomly colours itself and renames it self but as above yes retains any other customised settings.

SamplerTrack

This file is the sampler channel which loads when right clicking audio in the browser and selecting either 'open in new channel' or 'open in new sampler channel'. It will rename itself but will keep your chosen colour. This will not work when dragging audio to the channel rack. I'm still trying to find that one.

DirectWaveTrack

This will load when opening soundfonts in 64bit FL (For 32bit FL edit 'SoundfontPlayerTrack' or 'SoundFontTrack' instead) from the browser with either the right click menu option 'open in new channel' or via drag & drop. I highly recommend you to overwrite this file with a directwave channel state file with the followings options enabled, monolithic mode in directwave options panel and 'add to key' on the miscellaneous settings tab. If you don't save with monolithic mode enabled then you will get a warning message pop up for soundfonts, also direct wave should be set to add to key ideally as otherwise it will repitch its audio samples when transposing from miscellaneous settings instead of using the directly recorded ones for the right notes.

GranulizerTrack

This is the file to control what settings load when choosing the browser/channel window menu option 'open in new fruity granulizer channel'

SlicerTrack

This is the file to control what settings load when choosing the browser/channel window menu option 'open in new fruity slicer channel'

SlicexTrack

This is the file to control what settings load when choosing the browser/channel window menu option 'open in new slicex channel'

PitchCorrectionTrack

This is the Newtone file to control what settings load when choosing the browser/channel window menu option 'edit in pitch corrector'

WarpCorrectionTrack

This is the time warper file to control what settings load when choosing the browser/channel window menu option 'edit in time warper'

ZgeVizExportWizard

This controls what features will load up when pressing the wizard tab in ZGameEditor Visualizer. If you want to change this you will have to open zgame in the mixer, click the wizard tab, edit the settings within the wizard and save the preset within the wizard too naming it ZgeVizExportWizard. It will save to Documents/Image-Line/ZGameEditor Visualizer/ComboWizard/GroupPresets from here you can cut and paste it to the hidden system folder and overwrite the file.

The 2 i can't dam get to the bottom of

1) The file named 'RecAudioTrack' I dragged the original into FL and it loads as an Audio Clip as suspected so to test it i made some changes to the settings and overwrit the file and then recorded in all possible ways in FL and each time the recorded file saves and loads as an audio clip but with different settings to my overwrit file so it's clearly not accessing the RecAudioTrack for it's default audio clip settings after recording.

2) When dragging and dropping audio onto the channel rack, it loads a different set of sampler channel settings to the sampler files I've already sussed out in the above post.
Last edited by Trancelmania on Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

HeathW
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:16 am

x

Re: FL Geeking of the default system fst files

Great information.. thanks.. recommend to rena...

Trancelmania
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:37 pm

x

Re: Power Mod beyond the Plugin Database

Devs/Mods can you please help me find out about...

Kore-G
Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm

x

Thanks for this post it was really helpful. Did...

Trancelmania
Thu May 13, 2021 6:54 am

x

Kore-G wrote: ↑Tue May 11, 2021 4:15 pm Thanks ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”