Can someone explain to me how this MIDI routing doesn't work?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
RevivingSociety
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:50 pm

x

Can someone explain to me how this MIDI routing doesn't work?

Hello, I've been experimenting with LFO tool and wanted to utilize the "MIDI CC OUT" option in LFO tool to control other soft synths in FL. With this, LFO tool sends out MIDI CC 1 (Mod wheel) on whatever port that you want to. I assume you can control parameters with this, so I give this a shot

You can open LFO tool up in the insert effects and set the MIDI out to whatever port (I do it here in Patcher so you can see that there is definitely MIDI coming out) I send the MIDI CC out, and I have a MIDI monitor here, and you can definitely see that, from port 5, the Mod Wheel (CC 1) is being sent and works fine, ok

GIF of LFO tool in Patcher with MIDI messages being recieved

https://imgur.com/hybVOb0

Now here's where the error happens, when I right click a parameter to "Link to Controller" I set the proper port number (5) and the proper CC number (1) but the modulation just doesn't happen, I'm wondering why this is the case and how to get this MIDI routing to work properly?

GIF of Linking to Controller but MIDI CC isn't modulating

https://imgur.com/UzhFq4E

Also I'm aware I could use Fruity Envelope Controller, and normally I would, but someone asked about this in the FL Studio subreddit and I thought it would be a quick fix but now has stumped me, and I'm interesting in using other kinds of MIDI plugins as well and feel this will help with my understanding how FL handles MIDI

Thank you

nucleon
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:45 am

x

Re: Can someone explain to me how this MIDI routing doesn't work?

A work around for now is to feed LFO Tool a DC ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omnifold
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:03 am

x

FL Studio 20 2021-04-10 22-08-50.mp4I guess I'm...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Heath (Support)
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:57 am

x

Omnifold wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:03 am Can't...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”