FL20: Organizing your plugins, projects and samples (Professional use)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
stmusicmusic
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:39 am

x

FL20: Organizing your plugins, projects and samples (Professional use)

I bought new 2TB TLC M.2-drive for the plugins, projects and samples.
My goal is to organize all abovesaid in the best possible way and get the most power from my computer for making music.
I have already 4x SSD and 1x HDD in my computer (i7-4770K & 32 GB of RAM & Win 10 Pro).

My current organization:
- Win 10, FL20 and all the projects have been installed into my biggest & newest SSD-drive (1TB).
- All the big VST-libraries (Heavyocity, 8Dio, Spitfire etc.) have been installed into smaller SSD's.
- WAV-files (mostly EDM-samples like Cymatics) have been installed into the HDD-drive (Should I copy WAV-files into SSD- or M.2 for getting more speed & power?)

However I'm unsure what would be a more clever & efficient way to set everything up. And especially how to use this new M.2-drive.

For example:
1) Have you changed M.2 as your "opening project folder"-drive? Do your projects open and work faster?
2) If you have recorded thousands of guitar WAV-files, how do you categorize and know which ones are the ones you are using in your projects?
Can FL20 create automatically new folder with the name of yours project and automatically store all the recorded files inside this folder?
(FL20 records and auto-generates the names of the WAV-files very cryptically and there seems to not be any numerical order with these recorded WAV-files. With the numerical order, it would be super easy to find the WAV-files you like and delete the rest).

I'd love to hear your ideas and thoughts regarding organizing everything.

Heath (Support)
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:12 am

x

Re: FL20: Organizing your plugins, projects and samples (Professional use)

Set a project folder for every project you inte...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apendica
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:31 pm

x

Re: FL20: Organizing your plugins, projects and samples (Professional use)

1) Project File Structure: /2020 /2021 //01 JAN...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”