Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
KMVegas
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:41 pm

x

Need help with multiple outputs in Patcher

I've got a Patcher setup or two that need multiple outputs to the mixer. To that end, I right click on "To Fl Studio", expose a couple of audio inputs, and so on. It works fine. The problem arises when I need to shuffle mixer strips around. The inputs of "To Fl Studio" don't "lock" to the assigned strips, so I end up having to go back into Patcher, deactivate all the inputs to FL, expose new inputs, run the wires, etc. With bigger setups, this can get way out of hand.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a "right" way that I'm missing? Or is this just a quirk of Patcher that we have to deal with?

Update: I found another thread that answered my question - This is just how Patcher works. So consider this a feature request, if possible: 1. The ability to hard-wire the "To Fl Studio" inputs to mixer tracks, or maybe 2. an offset output system like with multi-out plugins, where we can set a main output and offset remaining outputs as needed.

Update 2: So apparently you CAN do the offset style output method. I wish I could have found this documented somewhere, but I may have overlooked it. Attention deficit and whatnot lol Anyway, just set Patcher to a specific mixer strip via the channel rack. That mixer strip is then treated as the "root" and it's where your first output will be routed to in "To Fl Studio" within Patcher. From there, expose any outer outputs you need in "To Fl Studio" and so on, and just keep the strips your using in order on the mixer, starting with the root. If the mixer strips get shifted left or right as a group, everything should work out fine.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”