F#@*, I need more Playlist Tracks, do I need to compress? How do pros do it?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
StretchLeg
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:19 pm

x

F#@*, I need more Playlist Tracks, do I need to compress? How do pros do it?

Im doing EDM and trap right now and I really need way more than 500 playlist tracks in every song I wanna make.. For real.. Maybe 1000 would be enough, but thats actually goodwill here.. better 1,5-2k.. On almost every sound I use FL compressor, FL Filter, Reveerb 2 (mostly only dry), Pan0matic, EQ2, on every sound and also lots of plugin-intern functions to automation clips.. use complicated progressions so thats why I have hundreds of automation clips in the end. My program is stuttering already but Im wondering how to compromise the "small" amount? How do you guys do it? RLY NEED HELP!

Thats why:
I could for example reduce it by save as another project so I can switch beside them and always export the 99% of the project Im currently NOT working on, put the wav/mp3 into the other project and work on the part I want to work on.. Then export the 1% into the other project, find out how it sounds.. If sounds okay I can pick the next part and do it again and later put together the song from a lot of small parts.. If I wanna add/change something in the harmony , in terms of chord progression, like u have two sounds that almost sound like some sort of piano and make a sound/ and also chord progression, but now u change your mind about the song and want to add something different to the harmony progression, by adding another sound, that sounds like a piano.. so u will need to change the chord progression.. Even if its just putting inbetween, you have a 99% that you will you gonna need to chhange the automation clips, like adjust them.. so this means you will need to do it all over again.. go to the project that you have worked on until the 500 playlist tracks got full, then make some space for the new sound, which makes it uuultra complicated to see.. you will have to write down the freaking things u gonna change to not lose it completely...like wtfrick.. how is this supposed to work? Are the pros doing it like that in EDM? Is ableton the same as limited? Come on, to change a sound and design it with others properly, creating the sound while putting the rationality in the right place is very complex.. WHYYYY??
For real this bothers me so crazily... I would have done lots of songs if this wasnt like this...
program stottering,
even if my specs are:
Ryzen 9 3900xt (12 x 3,8 - 4,6 ghz)
32GB DDR4 RAM
WIN 10 64bit
x540 mainboard
and rtx graphics card..
Hooly cruuuelty..
What do do? Really need professional help here..

*Update *Edit: I could also layer the automation clips of each mixer track on top of each other, that would reduce everything to like 60-80% maybe.. But hey, then I have the problem that the part Im working on (time frame) is full and the working frame (playlist tracks) too, so if I want to make changes in the chord/ harmony progression, I have to silence all the sounds I dont need in the channel rack, put all the automation clips of these sounds to the side (of the time frame Im working on) and only work on the automation clips there.. Biggest issue I see here is, that I will have to fumble around the automation clips that are on the same spot in the same playlist track to find the right one that I want to adjust...Okay I guess thats how Im going to do it... *Edit end*

StretchLeg
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:19 am

x

Re: F#@*, I need more Playlist Tracks, do I need to compress? How do pros do it?

kocho1984 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:43 pm Jus...
Last edited by StretchLeg on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dynaudio82
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 am

x

Re: F#@*, I need more Playlist Tracks, do I need to compress? How do pros do it?

Limited Mixer, for a Limited Playlist... that's...
Last edited by Dynaudio82 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aleix Fontanet
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:33 pm

x

Sorry, I couldn't resist Full content, don't ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StretchLeg
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 pm

x

wookiejedimaster wrote: ↑Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:01 ...
Last edited by StretchLeg on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StretchLeg
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 pm

x

marztecheque wrote: ↑Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:23 pm ...
Last edited by StretchLeg on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”