Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Channelk
Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm

x

Interesting Project - Any Insights Appreciated

In 2022 (if the world is in better shape) I plan to leave on a trip around the world on a motorcycle. I have the bike, most of the gear ready - but this is not just about riding, its about music. I purchased a Mixpre 10T to build a recording system for the bike. Along with a custom built guitar with midi - this will allow me to play, record and perform as I ride. Having a pair of battery powered speakers built into my panniers for a PA - I have a DPA 4088 and Sennheiser wireless for a helmet and performing mic. The DAW is installed on an Intel NUC - its small and powerful enough to do the job....still working on a portable monitor for the computer - but Samsung is supposed to release a set of AR Glasses that allow desktop PC view.

I also want to turn the motorcycle into a musical instrument. Having the bike generate midi data as I'm riding. Throttle, brakes, clutch, gyroscope so lean angle - even engine noise - can all be converted into midi data.

And this is where FL Studio comes in.

My thought here is to create a series of pre-made patterns based on mood. So 10 happy moods, 10 rain moods, 10 tired moods...etc....each being unique....and the midi controllers doing different things depending on the mood - with the ability to create new patterns or should I say containers that hold drum patters, keys, chord changes, modes, tempo, synths, percussion, patches, FX, etc.

I can look ahead on the map and see what kind of riding I'll be doing that day - trail so slow - tarmac - so smooth and fast - etc...and plan to load a "container" for that part of the trip....matching a mood.

At the end of the day editing and adding to what's been recorded for background music for video's - new songs - sound tracks - or whatever.

I have an idea of how to get some of the midi into the computer - Genki Wave - DJ music makes a midi controller with gyroscopic controls built in. And some custom stuff. The real question is how to put together the "containers".

Making sense of the midi is relatively easy - quantization - locked to tempo - there's lots of ways to make sure the midi data is not just nonsense.

FL Studio was purchased for this purpose. Its midi capabilities are amazing.

The HOW of creating these containers is where I need help. I'm not an FL Studio expert - I'm used to Reaper as a DAY and FL Studio is WAY different. I also have NO intention of listening to what's being created as I ride....too much distraction. Can listen to a bit when stopped.

So, any idea's here - or anybody interested in getting involved in a project like this - advice, directions or comments most appreciated.

N_K
Wed May 05, 2021 5:06 pm

x

Re: Interesting Project - Any Insights Appreciated

Channelk wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 2:16 pm [...]...

N_K
Thu May 06, 2021 3:54 am

x

Re: Interesting Project - Any Insights Appreciated

Channelk wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 pm What ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”