how to make piano roll in fl20 work the the same as it did in fl10?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
deep6
Thu May 06, 2021 3:21 am

x

how to make piano roll in fl20 work the the same as it did in fl10?

Hello. I really need some help. I just made a jump from FL10 to FL20. And I am getting used to all the new changes but there is one thing that is really messing me up. In FL10 say for example I had a sample plugged into the channel rack. And the sample was really long. Longer the 4bars/4beats. I put the sample into a pattern that is 4bars/4beats long. Then I put the pattern into playlist arrangement and set FL to song. When I hit play the sample would play, and it would keep playing past 4bars/4beats until the sample was over. In FL10 all I had to do was right click on the channel that had the sample and select "send to piano roll", Piano roll would open but I would just close it. And the appearance of the channel would change from the normal step sequencer boxes to something that looks like the piano roll. After doing this, the sample would only play for the length of the pattern and not bleed into the next pattern (hopefully this screenshot below makes a bit more sense of what is happening):
pianoroll.png
But now in FL20, this does not work the same way. Even if I right click on a channel and select "piano roll" the piano roll opens. But after I close it, it does not have the same effect it did in FL10, the channel appearance does not change, and samples still bleed over past their pattern length. I hope someone understands what I mean or has had the same problem because it is a really weird problem to describe.
pianoroll2.png
I would be super grateful if someone could tell me what the new way to do this is. This is literally the last thing that is keeping me from totally migrating out of fl10. Many thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Thu May 06, 2021 8:55 am

x

Re: how to make piano roll in fl20 work the the same as it did in fl10?

Hi there. That should work. It will play the ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deep6
Thu May 06, 2021 4:43 pm

x

Re: how to make piano roll in fl20 work the the same as it did in fl10?

OMG! That was it. I get it now. When I showed u...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”