Wed May 12, 2021 8:48 pm

x

Re: Any good NATIVE guitar amp sims?

Cybertrech wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 1:11 am
Yearofthegoat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:16 am
Best thread for a looong time!

@Cybertrech - thanks for the IRs. Going to give them a whirl. I'm a very unskilled guitarist but anything that gets me on the gratte is great motivation.

Re. the search for AWESOME GUITAR TONE® - yep EQ, EQ, EQ. [...]
The search for a guitarist's sound is a "quest for the Grail" that for some never ends. And it's a bit the same for those who use synths in electronic music (but for them it's a bit more justified, because the style requires a different sound for each track). We are all looking for that "mythical and exceptional" sound that will (we believe) make all the difference in our compositions!

Me this quest finally came to an end when, first, I discovered how to make my own IR's with BGelais' video in 2014 and, then, when I watched the URM Academy guy's video explaining that what has the most impact on the sound are the cabinets and the EQ. Since then, I finally have the guitar sounds I always wanted and I can stop this "eternal quest" for "perfect plugins".

In fact, this philosophy should apply to all plugins. Over time, I've come to realize that having 35 different reverb plugins and/or 47 different compressors is counterproductive. It's better to keep only a few, but to learn how to use them and exploit them finely. In short, learn to master the tools. Otherwise, we are too prone to change and try all 47 compressors and/or rebverbs during the project and therefore lose time, break the flow and inspiration, etc.

But that usually comes with age and experience! At the beginning, when we start using a DAW, we almost all fall into the trap of downloading hundreds of plugins and after a few years we end up with thousands of plugins without really mastering any of them!

In that sense, I agree with liberaltugboat, in essence, even if we don't use the same approach to avoid getting lost in thousands of plugins. He prefers to use "big complete tools" to stop searching, I prefer single and simple tools (which prevents me from getting lost in thousands of unused presets and functions, etc.). Everyone has their own preferences, there's nothing wrong with that. The important thing is to learn to master our tools and get the sounds we want! :wink:
Agreed, in that sense it is similar. And honestly, I prefer an an all in one package not because I want a bunch of presets, but because they have all of the components I need to get back to producing. It's not even necessary to get the top bundles since they are usually just esoteric gear. All I need is a... Marshall, a Vox, a '50s Fender, '90s Peavey, a Rectifier and an SVT... with one of each of the popular pedals and the corresponding cabs.
I just want that all in a single interface, with the same layout, controls, and a known level of quality.

Dag.cl
Wed May 12, 2021 10:43 pm

x

Cybertrech wrote: ↑Wed May 12, 2021 6:01 am Not...

a deaf bat
Mon May 17, 2021 8:02 pm

x

a deaf bat wrote: ↑Mon May 10, 2021 7:37 pm Alr...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”