Alternating between two devices [simple way of transferring user data (projects, FL & 3rd party presets, etc.)]

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Valentin Bös
Tue May 11, 2021 5:12 pm

x

Alternating between two devices [simple way of transferring user data (projects, FL & 3rd party presets, etc.)]

Hey there,

I'm using a desktop PC at the moment, but I'm going to study music production soon, so I bought a laptop to be more flexible. And because my desktop PC still is more powerful than my new laptop, I don't want to switch to my laptop completely.

So I asked myself if there is a perfect way of using two devices at the same time without having to transfer every folder manually every time when I switch devices.

My sample libraries and sample packs are already on an external ssd, since I can tell FL (and Native Access for example) where to look for audio files.
But maybe there is a way to load everything (projects, sliced&recorded audio, FL presets, presets and data from 3rd party plugins,...) from an external drive? Or maybe someone has a better solution for this?

I hope someone who once was facing the same issue can help me out.

Thank you for your attention, have a nice day!
Valentin Bös

Convolva
Wed May 12, 2021 11:17 am

x

Re: Alternating between two devices [simple way of transferring user data (projects, FL & 3rd party presets, etc.)]

Here is what I do, I currently have a simple se...
Last edited by Convolva on Thu May 13, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”