Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ascendedmasta
Fri May 14, 2021 3:47 pm

x

Easily move (Copy/Paste) Notes from Piano Roll to Different Channel

I have this issue, and I'll try to explain it using some images...

I have a layer "attached" (Set Children -> Split By Channel)to some drums in the Channel Rack.
Midi Notes to Channel 1.png
Then I'll play my drums live on the Layer channel, and it works great. Quick, easy, and fits my workflow.
Midi Notes to Channel 2.png
FYI, I have 16 Drums in a group, w/ each Target Mixer track for each "style" of drum. Again, GREAT!

Now I have an awesome Pattern 1. Great Vibe, everything has been easy and just flows perfectly without much hassle. Usually I'll have 2-3 different drum variation Patterns per song, but when I'm building the song I like to have control over each individual drum sound, so here's what I do...

On the Pattern I go to the Piano Roll, I select D5 (HiHat notes) then I have to select the HiHat channel, then open the Piano Roll for that channel, and then I have to paste it...
Midi Notes to Channel 3.png
I have to do this for EACH DRUM...I have 16 drums, and I use 9-10 drums on average. And I have to do this for each drum Pattern variation on the drums...FML. It's the only time in my workflow where this feels like work.

So FL Studio has an awesome feature to be able to Split By Channel. So when I'm done doing this it's really easy to bring in each of these new patterns and create many drum variations while having control of each drum sound.

Sooooo....my question:

When you're on the Piano Roll on Channel X, is it possible to Select the any # of notes, and Send/Move/Transfer/etc. those selected notes to Channel Y?

Another question....

I know while in Channel Y you can reach through the veil of reality and select and move Ghost Notes in another Channel X. Is there a way to COPY the Channel X Ghost Notes and paste them in current Channel Y?
Midi Notes to Channel 4.png
Maybe I'm griping a little here, but it really is the only part of my current workflow I can't stand...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”