Recovering VST data from FL Studio Project (where VST update caused patch data to be lost)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
kevinm
Sun May 16, 2021 6:16 pm

x

Recovering VST data from FL Studio Project (where VST update caused patch data to be lost)

I recently updated Nexus 3 (through reFX Cloud), and I've noticed in some FL Studio Projects, that some instances of Nexus 3 aren't loading the preset that I'd selected (including any edits I've made), and are instead loading the default Nexus preset ('Saw Init').

Obviously I know this is most likely to be a question to pose to reFX themselves, but my question here is...is there a way to recover any data from a .FLP file that could detail which preset was selected (and even better, what parameters have been changed and to what)?

I've tried fldiagnostic.exe on one of my project files and I don't think this is what it's designed to do (thought it was worth a try), and I've also tried opening the project file in Notepad++ for any clues, but no luck unfortunately.

Is there any way to be able to recover such information?

Also...is there any merit in making a feature request for this in the to do forum...this isn't the first time this has happened (when I upgraded Arturia Analog Lab v3 to v4, a similar thing happened), and it's sure not to be the last time!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”