Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Richie1027
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:13 pm

x

Keyboard options (music, not typing)

Greetings.
After getting acquainted with FLS for past few years I suspect I may be one of a small group of users who “grew up” on keyboard workstations. I’ve had many models since early 90’s but settled on the motif. I still use the Motif XF regularly since I have 40+ voice libraries, many voices on my expansion flash cards, and FireWire to record 16 audio tracks. FL Studio does this better than any other DAW I’ve tried (and failed with).
I still used midi in/out variations to control either keyboard or FLS, but mostly to use my Motif sounds in the end. Their keyboard libraries, many by Dave P., are stellar, and meet my needs doing my original tunes which mimic my age genre (68). So I like EP’s, Wurly’s, all type of organs from Vox to cheesy sounds to Jon Lords B3 with leakage.

Having wrote that, I really enjoy the ease of use with Flex and other plugins with FLS. Wondering if any of you can:
1. Recommend 3rd party instrument plugins with a wide variety of keyboard options
2. Whether anyone at FLS has considered such a pack for Flex or another FLS plug-in?
3. I’ll admit my ignorance with really learning Flex and it’s capabilities, but perhaps some of you have tapped into its capabilities with generating authentic sounding keys and organ sounds.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. I’ve come to appreciate some of the “newer” generation of sound production, but I’m just an old rocker, and getting older. I have incorporated melodies inspired by some EDM, House, trance and other styles. Music is music. I won’t trash anyone’s likes.

Enuf babble. Thanks for reading and I will indeed read all replies (if any)
This is my YouTube channel if interested in a few uploads I wrote during Covid, except The Void, which was a disaster that I believe only I like. Hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrlgQzvyXmz4XNBZ9FKku7g

Many thx my brothers in G & F clef.

Apendica
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:06 pm

x

Re: Keyboard options (music, not typing)

Richie1027 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:13 pm Gre...

rdtyn
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 am

x

Hey, Richie1027. My feeling is that you will lo...

Richie1027
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm

x

rdtyn wrote: ↑Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 am Hey, Ric...

Richie1027
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:36 pm

x

Apendica wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:06 pm Richi...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”