Changing pitch on one tom hit in one track changes the pitch on tom hits on separate tracks?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
fruityboy
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm

x

Changing pitch on one tom hit in one track changes the pitch on tom hits on separate tracks?

I have been trying to make retrowave drum beats using various free sample packs which have amazing sounds, but I noticed that a lot them only come with a small handful of bass, toms, etc. each so it makes it difficult to create one of those tom fills that you hear in retrowave. I want to try to create a tom fill that has at least 3 or 4 different tom hits all different tones, but the sample pack will often only come with one or two tom hits max. Due to this, I often need to create this odd sounding tom fill because I'm missing a lower or higher tom hit for example. In this case, I just have the lower or higher tom hit repeat once more before the next tom hit with a different tone comes in, but it still sounds off.

I don't like using the channel rack to create beats (I'm weird I know). I often will just drag and drop the sample drum hits from my file list on the plugin database to the left. directly into the playlist because it is just easier and saves time. One problem with this is I will drag different tom hits into separate tracks to try to create a fill, but I noticed that when I select one track with one of the tom hits and edit the pitch...it changes the pitch on all of the toms, even if some of them are on completely different tracks?

Why is this happening if I made sure that each different tom hit are one completely separate tracks?

P.S. I don't own Serum, so what are some good free plugins that sound good for changing the tone or pitch of MIDI notes?

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”