Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
vissequ
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:36 am

x

Volume Automation Issue

Hello,

I posted this in technical support over a week ago but I'm not getting any help. Can anybody here please help?

Sometimes I have a hard time getting FL Studio to do what I tell it when it comes to automation data. Here is the example:

Mm. 1-4 is a 4-bar chord progression from Serum
Mm. 5-8 is a 4-bar rest
Mm. 9-13 is the same 4-bar chord progression

On the downbeat of mm. 5 an automation clip reduces the Master send value coming from Serum’s channel to 0 (the actual fader isn’t touched). This works and any delay or reverb coming from within Serum and continuing on after mm. 5 is silenced and not heard. On the downbeat of mm. 9 an automation clip changes the send value from Serums channel to the Master from 0 to 80. The expected behavior is to hear complete silence until the downbeat of mm. 9 and then hear the return of the chord progression. The resulting behavior is the tail end of mm. 4 (perhaps the last 1/8th note or so) is replayed just before the downbeat of mm. 9.

Based on what I know (and I’m still an FL newb full disclosure) this shouldn’t be happening at all, and even if it wanted to replay a portion of that phrase, I still should not be able to hear it because the automation data has told FL to send none of that signal to the master track. As a note the Serum track in this example isn’t being bussed elsewhere (such as a verb bus).

I first thought this might be an issue with the MIDI regions so I converted them to audio regions and still had the same issue. I then soloed the Serum track and exported the project with all FX off, and reimported the Serum track and bussed it back to its channel with all FX off. I confirmed visually in the waveform that there was nothing “playing” right before the downbeat of measure 9. However when I tested it again I still had the same problem.

I’ve had issues with getting FL to follow my automation data before and I always go through the above steps. Sometimes soloing and exporting the track and reimporting it will work, but sometimes it does not.

I know that I could be doing something wrong and if that’s the case I want to know what it is. I don’t think so though because I’m able to use automation correctly the vast majority of the time. I also had the same problem in Logic, and that’s why I switched over to FL Studio. I don’t know if this is a common thing, but I know a lot of people are able to successfully automate the volume of tracks. I can do it 80% of the time, but when FL Studio or Logic decides to "stop listening" to it I don’t know what to do.

Please help I am really bummed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this!

Specs:

Mac 10.15.5

FL Studio Producer Edition v20.8.3 [build 1574] - All Plugins - Intel

vissequ
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:36 am

x

Re: Volume Automation Issue

Absolutely! Here it is. Please note the measur...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pierre Sosa
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:51 am

x

Try to recreate that issue on a new empty proje...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vissequ
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:28 pm

x

Thank you very much for your reply Pierre! I wi...

BinaryBorn
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 am

x

@vissequ I've read your post on the day you pos...

vissequ
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:57 am

x

BinaryBorn wrote: ↑Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 am @vi...

BinaryBorn
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:27 am

x

vissequ wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:57 amI'm ver...

The Spartan
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:53 am

x

I think what might help is automating the rever...

The Spartan
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:59 am

x

The Spartan wrote: ↑Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:53 am I...

vissequ
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:01 am

x

I have been busy the past few days and I have j...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”