Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Davide 123
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:34 pm

x

Roland TR8S not synced to FL Studio

Hi people

So, a couple of days ago, I was recording a live techno set in FL studio's performance mode.
I have prepared four tracks, each of them with two midi out, some basslines and some loops. One midi out was to control my novation peak, the other to control my modular synthesizer. All these tracks was launched by my akai fire and mixed with akai midimix.
For my drums instead, I have been using my roland tr8s since I got it.
Here comes the problem : at about half of my live set, I have launched the bassline of track number three, and immediately I heard that it was not synced to my kick.
I was not alone, so I launched another bassline, thinking I had messed up the length of my bassline sample. The guys told me nobody has noticed that.
But since that moment, also with track number four, I had the proof that the whole thing was not in tempo.
Or better : my DRUMS were not in tempo with FL studio.
It was strange because before my set and before setting up the start marker, I have tried the single tracks, pressing stop and then play, and it works really fine. Perfectly synced.
So I have investigated
The problem is that even if I set my start point with a marker after all the pad I can launch, my roland won't start exactly in time.
Sometimes it starts from pattern b, other times it starts from c, and basically never from the first step. It's like roland is receiving start and stop message, but not the reset that comes stopping all the thing.
This is a problem that I have encountered also in studio mode, so:

IF I PRESS PLAY ANYWHERE IN THE PLAYLIST, THAT IS NOT THE FIRST STEP OF THE FIRST GRID, MY ROLAND STARTS PLAYING THE PATTERNS OUT OF TIME, AND IF I PRESS STOP AND AGAIN PRESS PLAY, IT KEEP GOING ON FROM THE POINT IT HAS STOPPED, INSTEAD OF RESTART THE WHOLE PATTERN SEQUENCE
IF I PRESS STOP ONE TWO OR EVEN THREE TIMES, OR MAYBE HUNDREDS TIMES, AND THEN PRESS PLAY, THE SEQUENCE WILL WORK BECAUSE IT'S STARTING FROM THE FIRST STEP.
Now, I have searched anywhere for someone who had the same problem, but seems like I am the only one in the world.
I can say It's not a latency problem, because all my sounds are immediately listenable, it's about midi information. Roland is set to receive start and stop, and I am sending out notes and tempo, from fl studio, to m audio m track 8x4m, to kenton midi thru, and then splitted to peak, modular, and roland.
I need your help, the only solution I can think of is to manually start the roland following the metronome right before fl studio start to record. But it's pretty imprecise, as you can imagine.
If you're wondering, I noticed this issue only in track three because it's actually the only entire recorded track I had, because it will appear on my upcoming ep. The other tracks were genuinely improvised.
For closing, do you have any idea of what is the problem? Maybe is the start signal not stable for my roland?
Thanks for reading.
Davide

rdtyn
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:54 am

x

Re: Roland TR8S not synced to FL Studio

Is the TR8s sync set to auto or ext? I get bet...

natraj
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:06 am

x

Midi clock synchronisation sucks, always has, a...

alchervin
Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:07 pm

x

I set TEMPOSYNC to MIDI. SYNC OUT to OFF. and R...

SuperTRev
Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:05 am

x

Did you try using the other two clocks availabl...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”