Unable to only make note changes to second phrase?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
fruityboy
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:16 am

x

Unable to only make note changes to second phrase?

Ok, I know this is a noob issue and it most likely has to do with the channel rack or the fact that I was previously working in Pattern mode.

I used to always work within Song mode and copy using control +C/control +V but recently I have been creating my melodies and beats using Pattern mode and then I switch to Song mode later to latch paste everything as many bars out as I need for a particular project. This workflow has been a lot faster, but now I decided that I want to slightly change the melody in the second phrase, but when open this phrase up and move around some of the notes, I can see them moving in the first phrase as well...how do I separate them?

I don't mean split channels because the changes I want to make are within the same instrument track. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate my issue. The phrase that I highlighted in red is the phrase I want to change up a little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PixieDust
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:30 am

x

Re: Unable to only make note changes to second phrase?

If you want a different pattern, you need to ma...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”