Patcher: How to linearly map values from knob to fruity balance?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
PixieDust
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm

x

Patcher: How to linearly map values from knob to fruity balance?

In Patcher, I'm trying to link a control surface knob to a fruity balance's volume knob, but the values from the knob don't match fruity balance, thus causing things like control surface knob's 0.5 = balance's 0.35. I need values to map exactly 1:1, where knob 0.5 = balance's 0.5, up to a maximum of balance's 1.0 and minimum of 0.0 (I only want to go to 0dB, not past 1.0, so the last .9 is useless to me). So, control surface's knob can be 0-100, and use up the values 0-1.0 exactly on the volume knob (chopping off the last .9 which I don't need)

I HAVE tried changing the maximum of the knob, to e.g. 0-190, it makes no difference as it still seems to internally send a 0-100% thing, thus skewing things. I've also tried using a formula controller, but the formula controller also sends values from 0.0 to 1.0 which solved nothing (also, I'm not sure what formula to use anymore to solve it)

----
So far I know that I can figure out the exact dB any given any value of the knob through 20*Log10(a), and .8 = the maximum 1.0 in balance. So just need to figure out how to convert that formula into the decimal between 0 through .8. That is originally achieved via 10^(x / 20), however since that converts it back into 0 to 1.0, hmm

Robga
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:18 pm

x

Re: Patcher: How to linearly map values from knob to fruity balance?

I use this for a button mute, so the min and ma...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Robga on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PixieDust
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:24 pm

x

Looks like someone graciously posted the formul...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PixieDust on Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PixieDust
Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:32 pm

x

Ok, after working a lot on the formulas, I fina...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”