POLL: What Genre Do You Produce (Select any that apply)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]

Which genres are you proficient in producing (select one):

Alternative rock
3%
Ambient
7%
Classical
3%
Country
1%
Drum and bass
5%
Dubstep
4%
Electronic Dance Music / Electro
12%
Folk
1%
Hardstyle
2%
Heavy Metal
2%
Hip-hop / Rap
8%
House
7%
Indie Rock
2%
Industrial
2%
Jazz
2%
Latin
1%
Pop
6%
Punk rock
1%
R&B / Soul
4%
Rock / Heavy Rock
3%
Score / Soundtrack
6%
Techno
5%
Trance
6%
Trap
5%
OTHER (note below)
4%

Total votes: 3620

Lindenmusic
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:32 pm

x

Re: POLL: What Genre Do You Produce (Select any that apply)

Robiaster wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:39 am
Missing some Singer-Songwriter stuff here :P

Not sure how prominent it is in a genre in terms of the FL Studio user base, but might be an interesting genre to include.
Agreed however FL Studio sadly does not cater to Singer-songwriters. It's primarily EDM (or any electronic genre) and hiphop beat making etc. that obviously doesn't mean you can't use it for that, I'm just saying there is a big reason it's not very common.

I'm a singer-songwriter myself and throughout all my years of meeting other people who do the same I've yet to meet ONE that uses FL. I think that says a lot. Any task to record/comp is always more tedious in FL. So I found they mostly used Logic Pro etc.

Even myself, I started on FL when I was a kid. But I did switch to Logic, Pro Tools etc. because I enjoyed recording with those daws more. It was much faster and easier to get your ideas down quicker when recording.

The linear method just works better for audio workflow. However, the main part I missed with FL was how easy it was to use the step sequencer for drums and the piano roll was faster than any daw I've used.

I always thought to myself, what if Image-line just focused more on creating a better audio workflow/adding features like Comping for songwriters or time stretching implemented in the playlist to make it easier to edit real guitar quickly. It would seriously bring a whole new audience to FL Studio.

That being said, from the features I've seen teased so far FL 21 seems to be heading in that direction (I really hope so!)

As Peter mentioned above, it would also be nice if you hit that record button and it gave you modes to record in just like logic (Do you want to record vocals? guitar? etc.) and once selected it creates a vocal track or guitar track and away you go! Just makes it easier for those starting out.

I've been pushing for it, I just hope IL hears us.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:42 am

x

Re: POLL: What Genre Do You Produce (Select any that apply)

Drdmusic wrote: ↑Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:00 am Guys ...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”