Dragged drum sample from Slicex into Playlist but can't edit it at all?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
fruityboy
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:46 am

x

Dragged drum sample from Slicex into Playlist but can't edit it at all?

I created an instance of Slicex and dragged and dropped an FL Studio stock loop in. Since I seem to be unable to paste any of the sections I cut out of the beat into the places where I want to move them within Slicex...I dragged and dropped the loop into the Playlist.

When I click on onto the audio track within the Playlist it brings up the instrument menu (not sure the correct term for this but a portion of it is circled in green on the left of my screenshot) I noticed that I am unable to edit or chop up the loop but I can see the waveforms.

When I press spacebar and play the loop, I also don't see the play marker following along within the waveforms seen at the bottom of this menu?

Being able to see this marker move along within this little menu would make it a lot easier to mark where in the loop I want to make my edits, but it doesn't seem to be able to do this?

I also selected Piano Roll to try to edit the loop from within there, but when I open it up...I just see this one note since it is a loop.

Do I really need to record the loop and drag it into the Playlist using Edison to be able to do any chopping to this loop?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stargaterunner
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:39 am

x

Re: Dragged drum sample from Slicex into Playlist but can't edit it at all?

fruityboy wrote: ↑Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:41 am m@RV...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BinaryBorn
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:42 am

x

Re: Dragged drum sample from Slicex into Playlist but can't edit it at all?

fruityboy wrote: ↑Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:41 amWould...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”