Setting default length of pattern clip for Picker Panel?

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kaitav
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:09 pm

x

Setting default length of pattern clip for Picker Panel?

I use Picker Panel all the time. The default length of a pattern clip in Picker Panel is 1 bar. Is it possible to have an option to set the default length (in general) to 1 bar, 2 bars. 4 bars, 8 bars, or 16 bars? These are standard measures that 99% of users will need 99% of the time. I said in general because if it is offered per pattern clip, it means we need to set the bar length first and then record. If it is set directly in the Picker Panel options, it is a one-time setting and applies to all patterns.

The reason is when recording MIDI in pattern mode, especially with Loop Recording ON, it just keeps looping for 1 bar. With a new Arturia KeyLab MK2 script that the user rayj is developing (which is fantastic btw), we can actually switch between patterns in Picker Panel, which in turn selects corresponding instrument in the Channel Rack. So, we can directly record a MIDI performance for the selected instrument while being in Pattern Mode by using the KeyLab keyboard buttons without having to touch the mouse or keyboard. But since the default length is only 1 bar, I need to set a loop region for the number of bars first and then start the recording. This disturbs the nice workflow offered by the KeyLab integration.

It would be great and much appreciated if this feature could be implemented.

Thank you.

SuperTRev
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:55 pm

x

Re: Setting default length of pattern clip for Picker Panel?

Last edited by SuperTRev on Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “To Do”