Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
okaygunter
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:43 pm

x

Sidechaining and visuals

I've been trying to make the best FL project template for my production style for some time.
So far I have been sidechaining 4 busses (bass, melodic, fx and main reverb and delay send groups) in the mixer with a click that is not routed to the master, using a Fruity Limiter on each bus.
This has the quirk of having to adjust each compressor to get the result I want. I don't actually know if it's better to sidechain those groups differently or wheter they should be sidechained with the same exact settings.
I modified that template with a custom Control Surface setup, linking together the threshold, release, knee and curve type of all 4 bus sidechain compressors. This has the disadvantage of not seeing the values in ms/dB when adjusting through the Control Surface.
I've also tried using the Envelope Controller + Balance combo for more granular control (alá Mr. Bill), however I still don't know how I feel about it.

Is it beneficial to sidechain using just you ear or do you pay attention to exact values? What are your personal sidechaining techniques?

I know it might be a trivial thing to think about sidechaining this much, but I'd appreciate your feedback and opinions!

ReedIndeed
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:42 pm

x

Re: Sidechaining and visuals

You should probably be adjusting the settings f...

okaygunter
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:47 pm

x

Re: Sidechaining and visuals

ReedIndeed wrote: ↑Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:42 pm You...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”