Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Wave~Play
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:46 pm

x

Render Lengths

I am using the most recent non-beta version of FL.

I have ten wav samples of varying length (pieces of music I composed and rendered). I drag them directly into the playlist of a new project, so that FL creates ten Audio channels and ten Playlist entries (with samples), one for each of the ten. I route each channel in the rack to a mixer track, each mixer track to a pre-master track, which then routes to the master. So now I have a linear signal path from Audio Channel to Mixer Track/Playlist Track for each of the ten wav samples.

Now, what I want is to render all ten wav samples to ten new ogg samples, preserving all their original lengths.

But what happens is that all ten renders are the same length, specifically, the length of the longest sample, with silence filling the difference in the other nine shorter renders. This is when rendering using Playlist render. Trying to render using Pattern yields an empty render (as I would expect). I thought perhaps to use the piano roll with a Pattern render, but this seems to require a great deal of inaccurate guesswork trying to lay out a long MIDI note the approximate length of the sample.

To be clear: all ten samples render to ten audio files that I can listen to, but they are all the same length as the longest sample. Any sample shorter than the longest is filled with silence from its end to the end of the longest sample.

So, question: Can I render the ten samples, preserving each of their respective lengths? The purpose is primarily to glue together a collection of songs in mastering, then render for use in an album.

What I don't want to do:
-use Edison
-render each processed sample separately
-use a different DAW

Thanks in advance.

Wave~Play
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:33 pm

x

Re: Render Lengths

Alright, good to know. I'll keep an eye out fo...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”