Once FL Studio turns 64-bit only, what will happen to discontinued 32-bit channels within projects?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
NextDAW
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:15 pm

x

Once FL Studio turns 64-bit only, what will happen to discontinued 32-bit channels within projects?

I'm curious as to what will happen once newer FL Studio releases installs as 64-bit only.

Will native 32-bit depreciated FL plugins still be included with the installer? My guess that they will not be, since how would a user access them without the 32-bit FL Studio launcher?

If all 32-bit FL plugins are omitted from the 64-bit only release of the DAW, what will happen when loading in older projects containing 32-bit channels, such as Fruity Soundfont player, etc.

Will they load into a 'missing 32-bit plugin' channel in 'TRIAL' mode, warning the user to manually substitute the channel before saving the project, so as not to lock the MIDI data from those channels?

Or, will Image-Line implement a more friendly 'automatic substitution' for such depreciated channels (as what happens with the channel removal/substitution function of the Diagnostic tool? ~ i.e. replace the plugin but still retain any Miscellaneous functions, etc.)

I think it would be better if older projects load with any such 32-bit channels auto-substituted for empty sampler channels (or at least make this automatic function an option within the General settings).

^ [Edited in bold ~ to highlight the section I am most interested in. i.e. I'm already committed to migrating fully over to 64-bit only as is the DAW. Therefore, I am primarily querying the possible automatic channel substitution aspects of loading older projects containing plugins no longer available.

I like the automatic replacement with empty sampler channels that the Diagnostic tool currently does. But I don't like having to run that separate tool and would hope something similar could be implemented automatically within the 64-bit only FL Studio, or at least an option on the Missing Plugins promt to replace those channels with empty channels.]
Last edited by NextDAW on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FaBianB
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:07 pm

x

Re: Once FL Studio turns 64-bit only, what will happen to discontinued 32-bit channels within projects?

iRelevant wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:49 pm FaBi...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PixieDust
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:42 am

x

Re: Once FL Studio turns 64-bit only, what will happen to discontinued 32-bit channels within projects?

Jason Greene wrote: ↑Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:31 am S...
Last edited by PixieDust on Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”