Potential Bug: Real-time MIDI recording progress not working in Playlist/Song Mode

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kaitav
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:51 pm

x

Potential Bug: Real-time MIDI recording progress not working in Playlist/Song Mode

For some strange reason the real-time MIDI recording progress is not working consistently when recording in Playlist/Song mode. I am using 20.8.3 latest release. The recorded MIDI data is seen only after I stop recording. Anyone else facing this?

Same observation in 20.9 Beta 4.

Observations: I also observed that once a MIDI recording is done, if you try to overdub on it, the MIDI recording progress can be seen. Also, as Cybertrech mentioned, it usually works when you extend the clip to a bigger length than default one bar, but I also felt that even just touching the clip in Playlist helps for it to start working without having to extend. So, this is probably a minor glitch that needs to be looked into as to why this is required to be done.

Note: Audio recording progress works fine in Playlist/Song mode. The MIDI recording progress is working fine in Piano Roll/Pattern mode.

Feature enhancement requests:

1. Is it possible to extend the Playlist pattern clip progressively while recording until we stop recording? Just like how it currently works for audio recording where audio clip keeps building until we stop.

2. If a pattern clip is not placed already, recording in song mode, automatically creates a pattern clip and starts showing recording progress. I think this one is a little difficult, but given that we can select Playlist tracks now in 20.9, it should be possible. On whatever Playlist track is selected and based on where the cursor location is in the song mode, it can start a new pattern clip based on the track name and it can inherit the name and colour from the Playlist track.

For #1, click play on this video and you will immediately see what I mean:

Last edited by Kaitav on Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

Cybertrech
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:19 am

x

Re: Real-time MIDI recording progress not working in Playlist/Song Mode?

Kaitav wrote: ↑Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:51 pm For som...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”