Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Diblis
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:34 pm

x

Inspiration Thread | Music To Get Inspired By

I'm in dire need of some new stuff to listen to, as usual, so I figured this would be a neat way to juices flowing as well as just find some more jams for my library.

So throw some music that inspires you here. It can be anything.. Hypnagogic Pop, Butt-Rock, Speedcore, Avant Garde "Music", Shoegaze, whatever.

I'll get us started with a couple of albums I've had on repeat.

This is my personal music playlist, if you'd like to binge 2000+ hand selected bangers.

THIS THREAD IS NOT INTENDED FOR SELF PROMOTION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sueño De La Maquina - Kinky

This is an all over the place Spanish album. One of my personal favorites, it has clear IDM, Dubstep, Disco, and Alternative Rock influences. The tracks Inmóvil and Perfecta are easily my favorites, with Perfecta having a banger drum track on it. I can't say that the rest of this band's discography is anywhere near this quality but this album is my go to for showing the merits of music outside the English speaking world.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kfdTWa__8GrhQEDS7JXssoENUBQVQL7CI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hades (the Nine Stages of Change at the Deceased Remains) - my dead girlfriend

This one is a Japanese Shoegaze/Post-Rock record, and was my foray into the discography of my dead girlfriend. This band slaps, hard. My favorite aspect of their work is the vocal performances, they just feel right for the songs. Perfectly in tune with the instrumentals. The vibe is indescribable, but has a lot of similarities to the music of My Chemical Romance, so if you're a fan of 2000s Emo Butt Rock then you'll likely feel at home here. The intro track and "I Think About Mary Poppins" are the standout tracks on this album.

They've got a couple of other releases with even more ridiculous titles that I recc as well, but this one is their best imo. If you like this, definitely check out their other albums!

https://youtu.be/lXT4OdGw57s

Also isn't this album art the actual shit tho?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skitzofrenia Simulation - Sewerslvt

DO YOU LIKE VIOLENCE? The moment I started this I knew I had found a gem. Jvnko never disappoints when it comes to her brand of violent acid IDM shit. This whole album is a treat from start to finish (nearly every track was saved to my library). This album is great for workouts, the energy rarely lets up. Standout songs are Looming.Sorrow.Descent and Restlessness. L.S.D in particular is one of the heaviest tracks I've listened to in a while, it goes bonkers once that drop hits.

This album came out fairly recently too, back in June!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k3JeqxZ4duKHCZRXcRrIFIt069T5cK3A8

I'll share more stuff in the future, but I encourage others to do so as well.
1. Because I want more music to listen to and would like to escape my bubble
2. Because it'll be cool!
Last edited by Diblis on Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReedIndeed
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:47 pm

x

Re: Inspiration Thread | Music To Get Inspired By

Screenshot_20210823-125144.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

N_K
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:02 am

x

Diblis wrote: ↑Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:34 pm So thro...

Diblis
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:48 am

x

Dag.cl wrote: ↑Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:39 am Emptyse...

xbitz
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:40 am

x

trance: Danny Rayel (EMD and trance pianist) ht...

MvR
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:15 am

x

The new album by Jungle is amazing. Indie pop/r...

N_K
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:18 pm

x

Diblis wrote: ↑Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:48 am Yep! As...

xbitz
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:03 pm

x

Yoav and his live self-sampling, one guitar and...

SuperTRev
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:08 pm

x

My girlfriend has been singing again. ヾ(^▽^*))...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”